cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user21FpMtRQ1k
Constellation

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My problem start today.  Bought less than 2 years .  I can't believe a $2000 tv just break down so EASY.   My other cheaper Samsung last so much longer.   I am hoping Samsung can help solve this problem .

longreeno
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SOLVED!!  My Samsung tv has been randomly turning itself on and off for the past few months. I tried every suggestion including changing to a different HDMI port, checking power supply and connections, changing remote batteries, turning off energy saving feature, etc. It’s been extremely frustrating but I was determined to find a solution. And I finally found the fix!!  There is a feature on Samsung TVs called Anynet. This allows you to connect several devices to your tv so that you only need to use a single remote control for all the devices that are connected.  You can access this feature in your tv settings or by a small button labeled Anynet on the Samsung remote. If you are experiencing sudden shut offs, you should disconnect this feature. Since I have a cable box connected to the tv, I use the cable remote anyway and therefore have no use for this feature. After disconnecting Anynet, the tv has not turned itself off again!! Finally, a solution that works!!! Hope this works for you too!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you're up and running Smiley Happy 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userC1HRfcsKWg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried this and so  far it shut off and on again ummm

user8Dp9lL6vXs
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems this is a common problem....I too have a UN65KS8500FXZA TV doing the same thing. It turns off and on in an  endless cycle. turned off for 12 hours, no change.  I had a geek squad a tech visit yesterday and stated this could cost $1500 to repair and he advised to just go get a new TV!! This is only 2 years old. I am livid with Samsung . 

userJUowULIh8y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same model and mine did the same thing.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with the full model and serial number for the television?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userhSNQZVss9h
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue!  What is wrong with these TV’s!  Please help!  Out if warrantee and paying loads of money for a new tv is out of the question. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

SpearDaddy
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey userjUowUlIh8y,

I am curious as to what you plan on doing about your TV. I am assuming the TV is out of warranty and I am positive that the cost of repair is out of the question. I spent last evening checking circuits on the PCB (Main and power supply) and all circuits check out. The Samsung technician was correct in his diagnosis but I believe he was wrong on the cause. He told my wife the control panel was shorted out due to a power surge. I do not buy this for many reasons; first, because we have a whole house line conditioner and surge protection. Secondly, I had the TV and all of the accessories on another surge strip; thirdly, the power supply PCB would be the first to go due to an incoming surge and the PS PCB checked out fine.

I having a hard time swallowing this whole thing; I bought the TV as an investment and to have the TV repaired with a new control panel would cost more than the TV is worth. Samsung is making me feel that TV's are not an investment and they are disposable like a small appliance. I would like to know or see the data on the life expectincy of a Samsung TV in general and specifically the UN65KS8500 and alike.