cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharlesRPhoto
Constellation

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I’m having the exact same issue with the exact same model TV. Mine just started doing it this week.
Charles Ravaglia II
user9oHsNVBdCf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung is the worst ever TV to purchased because same issue happens to me last night and the Samsung company wouldn’t tell you the issue because they already know that all their TV doesn’t last more than 2 years...Smh it’s better to advise all your family and friends to never buy any Samsung product

usernt0LVw5acF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes please
usernt0LVw5acF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok thats it....i cant have anybody help me...the support says 24/7and ywt iy says that no one is available....this is the VERY last time i am buying a samsung producr and i ASSURE you my next tv is not gonna be a samsung...or dvd player, or phone or tablet etc. I am a very hard working man wjth not much money and samsung are selling cheap producr at a premium price. I am very regretful of investing money in them, i will not make the same mistake twice. Samsung, you should be ashamed of yourselves...ripping people off like that 

SpearDaddy
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear usernt0LVw5acF,

Samsung can and they refuse to do the right thing!

„„ BACKLIGHTS
1. Activate Backlights Test:
-- Disconnect Lead Cable from Main Board to Power Supply.
√√ TV Screen for active backlight LEDs.
2. If NO BACKLIGHTS
√√ Minus (Control) & Plus pins (Supply) on the Panel Connector voltages to the Panel.
-- If no pin voltages replace SMPS.
3. If BACKLIGHTS ON BUT PANEL SECTION(S) OFF
√√ The Supply Drive + pins. All should measure same.
-- If a + pin measures higher voltage, a string(s) of LEDs are likely open.
-- Remove Panel connector and verify same open backlight voltage condition. Replace Panel.
4. If a + pin measures low voltage disconnect connector to panel
√√ The Low Plus Pin Voltage again.
-- If it stays low the SMPS is defective, if it goes high, defective Panel.
For BACKLIGHT DIMMING PROBLEMS:
• Go to Menu £ Picture £ Backlight and vary level (0 – 20)
• If no backlight changes observed:
√√ Panel Connector minus (-) pin voltages and P-DIM voltages (CNL801) while changing backlight level.
• If minus Panel voltages don’t change, and P-DIM changes, replace SMPS.
• If P-DIM doesn’t change replace Main/T-CON Board.
MUTE 4 1 9 EXIT to test Panel Backlight Sections.

The above is taken from Samsung's technicians manual to troubleshoot the backlights. I have completed all of the tests and troubleshooting suggestions that the technicians manual has and the problem is in the panel itself. I have yet to tear the panel open but I am about to soon to find the real issue.

The panel part number where the issue lies in my instance is BN95-02607A (65" KS8500). My version number is FA01 which can be found on the back of the TV next to the part and serial number. If you have the "FA01" version number, this means the panel was produced by "SDC" (Samsung Display Corp.)? The SMPS and mainboards are produced by SOLUM. The other version is "AA02" and the panels are produce by a Chinese company called AUO. Both versions use the same SMPS boards but have different mainboards. I am curious to know which version you have?

I know you are livid as am I along with many others. The TV is an investment and should not be treated as a commodity such as Samsung is doing to us.

To replace the panel, the cost is ~$1,600 if you purchase from Samsung Parts (J&J Parts) with shipping costs. This is extortion in some respects because the comparable 2018 model is UN65NU8500FXZA and the cost is ~$1,400 to $1,500 retail. How can one 2 year old part cost more than a new comparable model is beyond me. And if you want to protect your investment beyond the one year warranty the cost of a 5 year extended warranty is $350 more dollars. If they build quality TV's we should not have to worry about the extended warranty as we thought we were buying their "Premium" TV.

I am not opposed paying for a new panel, but I am opposed to paying an exhorbinate price for a discontinued TV line part. Samsung offer the replacement panels for a fair price and we will continue to support Samsung! This is not only good for customer relations but it is also good for the environment and sustainability; do the right thing Samsung!

I will check back in a day or two too reply or answer anymore questions. I am also thinking of starting a couple of more posts on this website along with others about this issue.

Regards,

Mike

userQ9n9igOWVw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue with my TV and i am being told that there is not service center in around 75 miles of San Jose (Remember Samsung Headquarters are in San Jose)

userFDELKBTsGK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m in the UK and just installed a brand new The Frame 55” today - boxes and documents all around me. 

Guess what, went through initial set-up without TV turning off but now ..... off/on, off/on, off/on

It’s not even 6 hours old!

I’ve tried all the suggestions without joy .... HELP!

user0UDdNDI9SV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Amazing how so many people have this problem but still don't have an answer. My tv is still under warranty, pathetic it craps out before a year. There's no way I'm mailing out a 65" curved tv that's already mounted to the wall. They made it seem like I would have a technician come out.

useriocIDLHCv3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there, did you ever get this resolved?

I just had a tech out to install a brand new frame tv, and it instantly started turning on and off.  I ended up sending it back right then and there, but the guy was adament that its a problem with the voltage in my house (although we tried it in multiple sockets and it still didnt work).  I told him to go back to the store and check if it works there, and he just said it worked fine.

Did you get your frame tv diagnosed?

userrZ2Ec6Rwg5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi bro I'm having the same problem for a week now I changed all my extension cords wall sockets still the problem persisted so I need a solution