Constellation

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem my TV keeps turning on and off

usergybQpkZHYf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my tv is doing the same thing.  Did you ever find an answer?

SpaceJesus
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I Have the same TV I took the back off the TV and unplugged the cord that went to wireless adapter, its located on the bottom left of the back panel that you remove. Take the screws out remove the back panel it comes right off except for the cord that goes to the power button and the wireless adapter unplug that cord from wireless adapter put the back panel on replace the screws. Problem solved 

userVsZgmFqO5h
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply 

for my Samsung TJ055HGEV3H, I disconnect the wireless adapter, but it did not solve the problem. 

It continued to turn on and off.  

I paid a fortune for this TV when I bought 30 months ago!

I am so mad that I will never again purchase another Samsung Product.  

userSs5xeRMk8t
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What a buzz kill! Has anyone in this thread found a solution that actually works ... and has continued to work for a substantial amount of time? 75NU7100 delivered this morning and on/off started shortly after firing it up for the first time. After hours of reading about this online, I have replaced remote batteries (both tv & cable box remotes), turned off the HDMI CEC (any-something?), turned off internet, unplugged from power strip and plugged directly into wall. Still intermittent on/off problem. I really don't want to take this 75", 86 lb. beast off my wall that was mounted less than 12 hours ago - but it will be going back to Best Buy if I can't get any concrete answers for a fix. Based on Samsung Advisors' responses in this thread, I am not holding my breath for anything from them! What a shame.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSs5xeRMk8t Thanks for reaching out. I seen that you have done a lot of troubleshooting steps already. The only thing I don't that you have done is check to see if the software on the tv is up to date. Have you check the software on the tv?

userSs5xeRMk8t
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes, I have checked the software version. When I run "check for updates", it comes back as "up to date - no update available" or something similar. Current version is 1154. Based on the hundreds or thousands of similar complaints that I have been reading about Samsung, I am getting ready to go back to Best Buy and have this tv exchanged for a same size LG or a smaller Sony (which I have now and has been reliable).
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSs5xeRMk8t I understand your frustration however your unit is going to require service. You mentioned exchanging the unit with best buy. If you would like we can set the unit up for service for you. Let us know how you would like to proceed.

userSs5xeRMk8t
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have set up the exchange for next Saturday thru Best Buy. I may regret this, but I am giving this brand/model # one last chance because we really want to make this tv work (4.7 out of 5 rating with 96% recommending - Best Buy reviews). Hopefully I just got a lemon (based on all of the positive reviews of this tv), but it sure seems like there are an awful lot of Samsung lemons out there.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We understand, please keep us posted.