Original topic:

Samsung LED TV crashes home network

(Topic created on: 1/18/21 12:29 PM)
Capmike
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Model UN65MU8000F appears causes a denial of service (DOS) attack on my home network whenever it is turned on. We have a Gbs network that should normally function at 400-600Mbs with multiple devices on it. Ours was always around 15-25Mbs! We finally got a technician that worked with us for several hours. We changed the network ID and password, so everything was disconnected. We then added each item on at a time to the network and tested network performance and speeds each time. All was fine, operating in the 500Mbs range, up and down, until we added the Samsung TV. The TV either crashed the WiFi network or caused data transfer rates to drop to the 15-25Mbs range everytime we connected to power. I have no idea how to fix. Everything else (Sony Smart LED TV, iPod, HP laptop, iPhones, Android phones, Amazon Alexa devices (7), Ring security devices and cameras (5), etc) works absolutely perfectly; even when all are on the network and streaming simultaneously. The network only has problems when the Samsung "smart" LED TV is connected to power. 

0 Likes
12 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

What is the current software version on the television? Have you tried a factory reset or changing the DNS settings?

0 Likes
Capmike
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I am not sure. It was always attached to the network, so it should have gotten all updates automatically I would think. How would you go about doing a factory reset or changing the DNS settings? 

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Please go to Settings>Support>Software Update and provide the current software version of the television.

Are you located in the US?

To reset the television, please go to Settings>Support>Self Diagnosis>Reset>Enter PIN(Default is 0000)

user4sOpvFbk5a
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

What was the resolution to this, my TV had begun doing the same exact thing. Xfinity was here today to look at It, said it's nothing on their end. Finally nailed It down to the TV, everything works and can connect to my modem/router combo either hardwire or WiFi...the second I connect the TV (either hardwire or WiFi) my cable/router locks up and drops communication with everything (essentially a DoS)

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Please check for a software update. If you are up to date, perfoem a factory reset on the television.

Go to Settings>Support>Software Update and provide the current software version of the television.

Are you located in the US?

To reset the television, please go to Settings>Support>Self Diagnosis>Reset>Enter PIN(Default is 0000)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Capmike
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Yes, I am in the us. Thanks, I'll try this.

0 Likes
user4sOpvFbk5a
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

So the factory reset allows me to connect my smart tv to the internet now (without completely wiping out my whole network) but will continually ask / tell me I need to update. And now I can never update my brand new TV (after having It about a month)?  I am 100% thankful to @SamsungLou for the factory reset suggestion which got me here, but Samsung needs to address this with a real bug fix.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@user4sOpvFbk5a    If you try to run the update, do you get an error message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user4sOpvFbk5a
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I haven't tried to run the update, assuming the update causes the issue, I'll give It a go now and see what happens.

0 Likes