JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung NU8000 @4k -120Hz ?

(Topic created: 01-02-2020 04:32 PM)
userXobGq9AWtU
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi everyone , I was wondering if anyone got their 65 inch TV to work at 120Hz whilst connected to a PC .

The furthest I could go in resolution was 2560x1440 .

I have pushed it further in the PC options but the TV crashes at 4k 120 Hz .

Isn`t this supposed to work at 4k 120 Hz or is 1440p the max it can go? 

I feel like this is simply a software issue with Samsung , an update could easily fix it , allowing it to go higher than 60 Hz at 4k . 

14 Replies
useroEqCeORNLY
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Change input manually to anything other than “pc” boom all settings will be available again and not greyed out. You will no longer have a washed out Image! 

0 Likes
userdboeSk4pIo
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

hey there

make sure to get an 8k hdmi cable (hdmi 2.something) and make sure that you change the settings of your display from the nvidia control panel by selecting the samsung monitor and changing the resolution till u find the required refresh rate.

note that the 4k cables would support 4k at 60 hz only and that is why you need an 8k cable.

good luck 🙂

0 Likes
user3PEalQSqnq
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi, I have a Samsung NU8000 & I'm having trouble getting my gaming pc to recognize 2560x1440 @ 120 Hz. It does 4k @ 60Hz but no other resolution allows over 30 Hz. I made a custom resolution of 2560x1440 @ 120 Hz but selecting it made the tv lose input. Is there a specific TV setting or driver Windows needs to make it work? thanks

0 Likes
Samsung_Emoney
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
you need a 2.1 hdmi cord
0 Likes
Samsung_Emoney
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
the TV won't crash and runs smoothly iv tried