JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung NU8000 @4k -120Hz ?

(Topic created: 08-13-2019 06:00 AM)
userXobGq9AWtU
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi everyone , I was wondering if anyone got their 65 inch TV to work at 120Hz whilst connected to a PC .

The furthest I could go in resolution was 2560x1440 .

I have pushed it further in the PC options but the TV crashes at 4k 120 Hz .

Isn`t this supposed to work at 4k 120 Hz or is 1440p the max it can go? 

I feel like this is simply a software issue with Samsung , an update could easily fix it , allowing it to go higher than 60 Hz at 4k . 

14 Replies
BudaBellyX
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The TV only supports 1080 and 1440 @120hz.

In order to achieve 4K/120hz you need HDMI 2.0 or DP, neither of which the NU8000 have.

0 Likes
userXobGq9AWtU
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi there, could you please tell me what is DP?

Is there any way we could get hdmi 2.1 with an upgrade (talking about that "box" or software) ? 

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Good morning! DP is short for Display Port. Unfortunately, HDMI 2.1 cannot be obtained through a software upgrade, and requires the proper hardware. I apologize for any inconveniences!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userXobGq9AWtU
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you for your reply. 

Just to be  100% sure,, will there be a solution coming in the future or not?

Will we get like a box (to buy seperatly) which will allow us to use hdmi 2.1?? For me, as for a lot of other owners, is very important to know as we would simply love to pay you the extra money  just so we'd enjoy a truly immersive experience.

Even now, 4k at 60 HZ is good as it has a really low input lag.

Love the TV  , simply would love the potential upgrade to it

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Regretfully, I would be unable to speculate on any future offerings.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userXobGq9AWtU
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you for your time

@SamsungRei wrote:

Regretfully, I would be unable to speculate on any future offerings.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You are welcome! Please don't hesitate to reach out again with any additional questions or concerns!

0 Likes
usergQj4mMfJNz
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Dear Rei,

I have the NU800 and on my PC I am restricted in playing on 4096 x 2160 to have a access to my contrast, color sharpnes option in my TV menu.

If I go lower 3840 x 2160 I get washed out colors and  my contrast, color sharpnes option in my TV menu become unacesible (grayed out (unavalible uption) same for 1440p and 1080p.

I don't understand why this happens my HDMI cable is certified and at cinematic 4K I get good image quality with HDR and all on my GTX 1080 TI.

Is my TV broken do I need to replace it? 

Thank you for your kind help.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hey! Try this link out, also have you tried using the setting in the Nvidia control panel or try altering the display settings by right-clicking the desktop and going to display settings then advanced display settings?

0 Likes