Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jroark7101
Asteroid

Samsung NU8000 Freesync problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I have Xbox one X with Samsung 49NU8000 which is a 60hz panel. I get flickering when I go in and out of game menus. So far  only when free sync is enabled?  Xbox and TV settings are all opened up. Is it bc I don’t have a 120hz TV? Any advice? The only way I found to get the flickering to stop is actually disable Freesync but it makes gaming better. Like I said it’s only a few second going in and out of gaming menus like when I pause and unpause. 

Thank you,

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jroark7101
Asteroid

Re: Samsung NU8000 Freesync problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I figured it out with some help. Thank you

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the current software version on the television? Please provide the full model code. 

communitygreg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think you need the software update that enables freesync on the 49" version.  

From rtings.com:

The NU8000 does not support FreeSync from our Radeon RX 580 GPU. We tried various combinations of game mode, PC mode, input refresh rates, etc., and FreeSync was never detected as supported.

Update 05/23/2018: Firmware version 1103 has added FreeSync support.

Update 06/08/2018: FreeSync has been tested and the score has been updated. FreeSync was supported from our Xbox One S and our Radeon RX 580 GPU, in 1080p, 1440p and 4k resolutions. FreeSync is activated by enabling the TV's Game mode and FreeSync settings; PC mode is not required. We tested in Ultimate mode because it has the widest range, and we only recommend Basicmode when you experience problems with Ultimate.

Update 10/26/2018: We have received confirmation that the 49" NU8000 does support FreeSync. Since it has a 60 Hz panel, the 1080p VRR range is limited to 60 Hz.

Jroark7101
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

how do I get this update? I believe Imaltwdy have it bc I just got my TV. It seems that Freesync is already available however

Jroark7101
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It says current version is 1153. Model code is UN49NU8000

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is a newer software version available, you can find it here: Link

You can update it using a USB flash drive.

You will need an empty USB Flash Drive.

Download the file from the link above

Once it is downloaded, right click on the file and click Extract and then select the base of the USB Flash Drive.

Then plug the USB Flash Drive into the television and navigate to the software update section. 

Jroark7101
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow thank you. I’m not sure why my TV didn’t automatically update it. Do you think his can help my situation? Would Freesync work better on a 55inch 120hz panel?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Jroark7101 It could resolve some issues considering how new Freesync compatibility is. On the other hand, 4K at 120Hz on a television is a tall order, your results may vary. 

Jroark7101
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

after downloading the firmware to my computer. I open the foler and all I get is and note file and upgrade.sd file is KB size.  However when downloading the file size was much larger. I'm getting the prompt to use software to open the file.  Any suggestions?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What are you using to unzip the file?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.