Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mooksyNZ
Asteroid

Samsung NU8000 dead pixel

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I have the 82" version and wife and I were happly watching the set a couple of evenings ago, when all of a sudden a white dot about 4 pixels in size appears right in the middle of the picture! It is a bright white dot and has even left a ridge on the surface of the panel, like a tiny perfect round pinhole. Obviously no matter what screen picture its displaying it's always there.
We have had it only 3 months. We have had a samsung technician visit on behalf of the people who sold the tv to us and he said its a dead pixel, took some photos and was satisfied with what he saw.

He also said the panel may need to be replaced and that it would take a couple of guys to refit it that would take approximately 30 minutes.

I have a series 6 samsung TV  since 2011 and that unit is working flawlessly  without incident. So why would this happen on such so called premium screen, has anyone else had this occurIMG_20190605_133619_resized_20190607_092647260.jpgwhite dot centre of screen.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mooksyNZ
Asteroid

Re: Samsung NU8000 dead pixel

JUMP TO SOLUTION

New screen arrived yesterday, took tech guys 30 min to reinstall and remount the set on wall. Everything is as before and TV is good as new. Thanks Samsung all-in-all very painless warranty fix. Hope this doesn'y happen again any time soon on such an expensive model though.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mooksyNZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

New screen arrived yesterday, took tech guys 30 min to reinstall and remount the set on wall. Everything is as before and TV is good as new. Thanks Samsung all-in-all very painless warranty fix. Hope this doesn'y happen again any time soon on such an expensive model though.

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are most welcome.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.