Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user76Q0NHEgFE
Astronaut

Samsung Q6FN 55" 4k issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi. so i purchased this tv and was trying to play a 2160p x265 HEVC movie from a usb 3 seagate hdd, the movie keeps stuttering (pixelated and sound hangs) every few seconds. it loads fast and i can fast forward without delay, but the playback is awful as i described. the tv is 4k capable and this seems odd. 1080p content is no problem.

on another note. i have a synology 218j NAS and when i try to play the movie locally using maximum quality using plex, it buffers forever and doesnt play. why is that? i have a western digital 4tb red inside and using direct play via plex shouldnt cause any problems since the tv is powerful enough to handle it. its frustrating since i paid 850€ (in germany)

third issue is, that the apps like youtube often freeze and i have to long press the back button to close them and reopen them. the tv is updated to the latest version and is hooked up with ethernet.

Also, whats with the lack of DTS support on the integrated media player Samsung? we live in 2019 and a 850€ TV doesnt support DTS? wow..

thanks in advance for any suggestions

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Q6FN 55" 4k issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user76Q0NHEgFE Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user76Q0NHEgFE Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

userBI0C1WKZPd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi. got the same problem. been on the phone with them for hours. they have connected to the tv and tried everything an in the end they ve told me the tv is ok and it does not have any problems and it must be my movies. I tried on a panasonic tv an works fine also on laptop

did you sort out the problem?

and  yes DTS not working but apparently that is not the only thing that does not work