cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Q80R Horizontal Line on Screen

I have just returned home tonight from footy training. Sat down, turned the tv on & theres a thin black line with a big thick line down the side of the screen! THE FULL LENGTH! 

Model: Q80r 65 Inch

This is a tv i just bought from Very website in UK for £1.2k on the 22nd of JUNE! NOT even 3 months old. Im absolutely fuming. 

How do i send this back for repair (not ideal)?

How do i get a replacement?

Can you send someone out to repair?

What do i do now? Is this the standard that TVs are made from now? Totally ruined my faith in Samsung, my 1st new TV in 7 years! 

Ive got the screenshots & theres no way to upload them either? 

Brilliant!...

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Q80R Horizontal Line on Screen

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Get the Hisense H9G. Half the price of my ks8000 and blows it out of the water. 8.4 on rtings.com and only $650 for 55in.  

My ks8000 won't even power on after 3 years of normal use. Will never purchase anything Samsung again.

Highlighted
Constellation

After the generic 'oh your not in us, get lost response' i dont think i'll ever buy samsung again. There all the same business around the world. 

In terms of H9G i needed a tv for gaming that supported 120hz which the Q80r did on 2K. I just didnt realise how shoddily made these units are! Absolute ridiculous that after 10 weeks theres lines on it!

Ive booked the samsung engineer now & theyll contact in 48hrs but it wouldnt suprise me if they try not too honour the 12 month warranty either. Rob the customer of cash by selling dodgy tvs. 

Still raging...trying to watch morning tv with a messed up picture through no fault of my own!

I might make a youtube video up if this issue isnt resolved ASAP.