Original topic:

Samsung Q80T Blurry Picture

(Topic created on: 12/20/20 4:04 PM)
userQAZkT0xoTj
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hi,

I need some clarity on this issue. My new Samsung Q80T 4K TV looks amazing when playing video games, but really really terrible through the cable box (sports especially). Yes I have a 4K cable box and have tried every resolution setting, have tried playing with all the motion blur and picture clarity settings and whatnot, but this television just can't seem to handle standard cable broadcasts that have motion. It's so pixelated and blurry.

In the rare instance something is actually being broadcast in 4K, the picture looks awesome.

Is this really the best the TV can do? I expected so much more for $1,500.

Any insight is appreciated,

Chris  

5 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried using a different HDMI cable? Also, I know some cable providers have an HD channel and an SD channel are you are the HD channel?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userQAZkT0xoTj
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Yeah, I purchased a new HDMI cable that's specifically optimized for 4K, etc. And I am watching broadcasts on the HD version of the channels.

Unfortunately this doesn't appear to be strictly the cable box either. Watching sports on the MLB.TV app for instance just looks way worse than my 10 year old HDTV did :(

If everything was being broadcast in 4K, or if I was only playing video games, this would be the best TV I've ever owned. But instead, 90% of my viewing experience is just flat out poor.  

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

How long have you had this TV? Is it still within the return exchange period? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userQAZkT0xoTj
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I purchased the TV through BestBuy at the end of October or very early November, so I am out of the retailer exchange window I believe.

Part of the reason I didn't exchange it was because I had Comcast come, give me a new 4K box and everything, and they themselves told me that unfortunately this is just what the TVs are going to look like until more broadcasts are done in 4K as the standard.

But after more time viewing sports and anything with motion, especially compared to the picture I see on football games at bars and whatnot, am I realizing my picture is just not as good.

0 Likes
usermwTMCqG1gN
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have the EXACT same problem. Just bought the Q80T. Great picture... except for sports - which is 90% of what I watch. I wish I had seen this thread before I purchased it. I have tried every setting and still sports action looks choppy - just awful. It's strange because I have a 2-year old Q90 that I LOVE. It doesn't have this problem at all. Samsung might want to look into this. I need to return this TV.

0 Likes