cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Q8fn Bad Backlight Bleeding when playing Games

Hello my Samsung QN55Q8FN has a bad problem with backlight bleeding anytime I play games on my consoles. I have updated to 1204, changed all HDMI cables, tested on both Xbox and PS4, and messed with all of the picture settings including HDR, Game Mode, Etc. The problem only happens when playing games. It is very noticeable and this is the second time I've had an issue with Samsung TV's. I will post some pictures to reference what I am talking about. It's always the same bleed in the same place. Again, when using a source such as both of my consoles this happens. 

20200601_175524.jpg

20200601_175516.jpg

What should I do? How do I fix it? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Q8fn Bad Backlight Bleeding when playing Games

Correction: Looked at this further and it occurs all the time on everything. This had to have been something that started recently as I know I would've caught it earlier.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello! Are you referring to it happening on all sources and inputs?  Can you do the picture test and send me pictures of the tv symptoms to a private message? http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

it only happens in game mode, local dimming is broken on these tv's in game mode since these tvs were updated a few firmware ago, there are numerous complaints about it and I made several post about this also, please fix the local dimming in game mode on these tvs