cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Q90R Sound Bar HDMI-ARC Not working Stays in D.IN mode.

Hello I bought a new Samsung Q90R sound bar yesterday  connected the sound bar HDMi ARC  to my Samsung TV (UN75NU7100) HDMI ARC, but there is no sound from the sound bar and the TV sound goes off whcih means the TV is recognizing the sound bar but the sund bar is unable to read the output sent by the TV. Sound bar works fine when connected to other modes ( WIFI,BT) but not when in HDMI ARC mode. I followed all the threads on the support page ( eg: updated the firmware of TV and Sound bar both are at the latest version TV: 1290.4 and the sound bar on 1008.0 but the issue still exists. I tried to with the Anynet+ option on the TV and everything looks good.

I feel very bad of finding such a bugs on samsung products after spending more than 1200$ on premium quality . Can anyone help me to fix this issue.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Q90R Sound Bar HDMI-ARC No working Stays in D.IN mode.

Have you tried a different HDMI cable? Also, how do you have your soundbar set up? What is your full model number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hello, thanks for getting back on this topic, Yes  indeed tried a different HDMI cable but the issue persists, My sound bar full model number is : HW-Q90R/XN (FW version1008.0), TV model number : UN75NU7100FXZA (FW Version:1290.4).

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try this:

Also, are you trying to watch from other HDMI connected devices? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I tried with the sugested options but the issue still persists.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What else is connected besides the television and the soundbar. How is everything set up? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

There is only one device connected whch is sound bar connected to HDMI ARC port on the TV to HDMI ARc port on the sound bar.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

ARC stands for Audio Return Channel and is used for connected HDMI devices to share information about other HDMI devices. In this case, ARC is not being used. 

If you are using streaming services on the television and would like for the sound of those streaming services to go to the soundbar, I would recommend using an Optical cable from the Optical Audio Out on the television to the Optical Audio In on the soundbar. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for eplaining what ARC ! is . i some how figured out the solution(reset TV and sound bar fixed the issue) its working fine with out any intermediatory  devices. Im now using the sound bar just by connecting it to TV hdmi arc to sound bar HDMI-ARC.

Highlighted
Constellation

The eARC feature is designed to send audio between devices. Recommending to use a different source is not a solutio to the problem. There obviously is a problem with the arc implementation which should be fixed. Also telling someone that a workaround is a fix is just poor service if its the first suggestion.

I also have issues with q90r connected to a lg b9, where it sometimes just wont work. It turns on with the tv, the sound levels change via tv remote but no sound. Turn the soundbar off for 5 minutes then on and it works.

Ive no experience  with how the communication of arc works, but it seems to me that there is some issue with the handshaking between devices over which features are supported over arc.

Im using a certified "premium high speed hdmi" cable with ethernet so the problem unlikely is related to the cable itself. Also using the same cable model between my bd player and hdmi 1 input where ive had no issue.