Original topic:

Samsung Q95T/Q90t eArc broken

(Topic created on: 9/13/20 7:05 AM)
userKxszz8HVpp
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hi, 

I have the Q95T series TV connected to my Denon x2700H AV receiver via the eArc/Arc port (HDMI 3). But the eArc function is not working as it should. For example:

When using standard arc, I get DD+ audio from inbuilt apps like Netflix, and my Xbox which is connected to HDMI 4. Which is perfect, but if I set eArc to Auto, I only get two channel stereo pcm from Netflix app, and the Xbox is the same two channel pcm. If I change from auto to pass through I get DD from the Xbox but Netflix is still two channel pcm, unless I view an Atmos film, it then shows as Atmos. But PCM for anything else. 

I have to change eArc to off to get DD+ again.

Why does eArc not send DD+ on Netflix?

Ideally I would like to have eArc enabled and it sending DD+ on Netflix app and when using Xbox I can have either DD or multichannel PCM, from changing Xbox audio settings Bitstream or 5.1 uncompressed. 

Is eArc broken on this TV? 

24 Replies
InanimateCrbnRod
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

been on the phone and twitter all day trying to get this issue addressed. It needs to be patched with a firmware update. eARC and passtrhough are NOT working as intended.

useryPRnfvJAfb
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Looks like a new firmware update was just released today:

Model : Q950T, Q900T, Q850T, Q800T, Q90T, Q80T, Q8DT, Q70T, Q7DT, LS03T, LS01T

Upgrade File(USB type) 
Version 1402.1
SEP 29,2020
Maybe this will resolve the eARC Passthrough issues...
0 Likes
InanimateCrbnRod
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

firmware update did NOT fix the issue. I hope someone from Samsung is reading this

useryPRnfvJAfb
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hopefully not violating any rules, but I found a useful video on YouTube on hooking up Denon AVR and Samsung TVs along with great explanation on ARC/eARC idiosyncrasies with Samsung.

https://youtu.be/j4xAllizXjk

0 Likes
InanimateCrbnRod
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hey thanks for trying to help, unfortunately this does not address the issue. eARC and Passthrough work as intended as long as the audio source is a dolby codec such as ATMOS, or DD+. The problem is PCM audio. PCM audio which is widely used by game consoles and blu ray players, is always sent to the receiver as 2-channel audio, regardless ofwhether or not the source is multi-chanel or stereo. This is is done by the tv, even when passtrhough is on. This needs to be addressed on samsung's end.

userCRlSBfAmN4
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@InanimateCrbnRod wrote:

This needs to be addressed on samsung's end.

Do you know if Samsung has any plans to address this? @InanimateCrbnRod 

userVrlWB2CKuE
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Samsung needs to fix this. This also impacts the Q8DT/Q80T. LPCM isn't passed though correctly and atmos will cut in and out every 30 minutes. 

useroT2QF43MOb
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I spent about an hour with Samsung support and they don't seem to understand that this is an issue with my Q90T, not my PS5 or my AVR.

I had PS5 (Multi-channel Linear PCM) > Samsung Q90T (Pass-Through) > Denon AVR

Denon was only getting 2.0 PCM, no matter what settings I changed on the TV or the PS5.

I hooked the PS5 direct to the Denon with the Linear PCM and it got the full multi-channel PCM, so that rules out that the PS5 is sending 2.0 PCM.

Samsung, seemed to think I just didn't know what I was doing, so they are sending a technition out next Friday.

As others have stated, THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED BY SAMSUNG! Pass-Through is not working!

Konador
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Exactly the same issue from my Xbox Series X > Samsung Q80T > Sony STR-DH790