cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user7pEVNPitkw
Constellation

Samsung SMART TV Turning on and off repeatedely [Model UN55JS8500F ]

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have left my TV unplugged for more than a week but I am still seeing this issue. I am unable to update the firmware as the TV won't turn on fully.

It will turn on briefly, the red light will flash on and off a few times and then the TV will turn on. This repeats continiously as long as the TV is plugged in.

Model No: UN55JS8500F

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung SMART TV Turning on and off repeatedely [Model UN55JS8500F ]

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with the serial number?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

90 REPLIES 90
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with the serial number?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userslHtRIVr45
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problems, what can I do? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send a private message with your full model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

userAYQlkvXuCO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
please help my ue46f800 turns off and on with clicking sound want do i do
user1hXkop7rgH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
What is the fix for this?.. Lillian York
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFlY5dLhsrk

@user1hXkop7rgH

Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

GMinAK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 1.5  year old tv that has the same problem.  I live in an area that is 300 miles from any service technician.  I researched the problem and found literally thousands of references (technical forums, facebook, YouTube, etc) to this problem with Samsung tv's of all different models.  Apparently there was a class action lawsuit a few years ago but despite that, the problem obviously is still rampant.  sending my tv to a service tech would cost almost as much as a new tv.  Consequently, I will be buying a new tv and it will not be a Samsung even though I prefer their images and features.  I will also warn everyone I know about this problem, post a You Tube video about the problem and will be making a post on Facebook suggesting that everyone research this problem on the internet before purchasing any Samsung tv. The fact that there has obviously been no significant effort to solve the problem and no warning to new customers tells me that Samsung is only interested in first time purchases and can care less about customers that already invested their money in one of their tv's.   

usert3AaiBhFYV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue and the repair is 400 to 1000 bucks. Tv is 2 years old and junk. Samsung will not even acknowledge any issue and the moment I question them in any way they stop communicating. I will never buy a Samsung product again.