cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWkm2AVxBPV
Asteroid

Samsung Smart View cannot Connect to TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can cast desktop-stored media, music, videos, etc, to my UN40F5500 using Samsung Smart View, but can't cast live internet tv news. I don't have any problem casting that news program with Chromecast plus TP-Link to a slave monitor in the kitchen. Ideas welcome.

Ian

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userWkm2AVxBPV
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Smart View cannot Connect to TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I spoke to an agent and was told that it was a compatibility problem for which there is not a solution at the moment!

137 REPLIES 137
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are both devices on the same 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band?

userUi6puTRsI6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. Neither smartphone app, nor PC application can connect. Both programs detect the TV and correctly recognize its model but the PC program returns a message  "Something wemt wrong.Please return later", the app is not reponding at all.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What's the model of your television>

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
userWkm2AVxBPV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UN40f5500

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you getting any error messages when attempting to stream?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you still having trouble with the television?  

userPGspgL9p8G
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues with my smart TV. I called and was not helped correctly. My smart view will connect for a second them disconnect. I downloaded the smart view app but it does not help. Anyone have assistance for me? 

user6tlSPrk5II
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I probably spent a couple of hours wondering why I could see the soundbar on SmartView but couldn't see the actual TV itself (Q9F). Then I found this thread.

Honestly had I known SmartView wouldn't work with the newer TVs (in what world do you take features away?) and that there would be no roadmap as to when it would be patched in, I would've gone with another brand.

Now I'm wondering if I need to buy a Chromecast (from a hardware perspective, completely redudant) just to accomplish what I had expected to be a mature feature for a $3000+ TV.

It is purely a software issue. Samsung, your hardware is there but your software is light years behind the competition.

usero5WoDT4EZj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

NOT SOLVED