Black Hole

Re: Samsung Smart View cannot Connect to TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is your firmware up to date?

user7SofLJ9K5f
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have problem my sumsung smart tv connect my home wifi but my tv not install anything.Not installed youtube.

Highlighted
userWkm2AVxBPV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I spoke to an agent and was told that it was a compatibility problem for which there is not a solution at the moment!

useraxDbGjFO7j
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

getting the same problem some times it fine and it will find my TV and my Google home(s) and will connect and sometimes it will not find them not. Chromecast works fine all of time

If google can do it al of the time why can't Samsung?

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear this. Is the firmware of the unit completely up to date? 

userFhThT4ty5x
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Confirm on 15th of May 2018 still NO solution from Samsung. I have spoken with Customer Support .Shame on you Samsung !

TV models 2017 and newer cannot connect using Smart View. Only by cable.....

user5lpD80DWfu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's May 28th now, anything new?  I still can't connect.

user5kyeDmFtL5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've just purchased a 2017 QLED 7F and although iOS Smart View can see the TV it won't connect - Smart Things app works fine. This is the only piece of tech I've bought recently that doesn't work with their manufacturer's app. It really is disgraceful that Samsung hasn't cured this!

shiningsee
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We must find a way to escalate this problem to a higher level.

• I just purchased a 2018 Q7F and, like others here, find my new TV is not supported by Smart View.
  • Smart View fails to find my Q7F both on on my Windows 10 PC and Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Android 8.0).
  • All devices are on the same network, but it doesn't matter (see below).
  • This problem was marked as "solved" by the OP with the solution being: "I spoke to an agent and was told that it was a compatibility problem for which there is not a solution at the moment!" Obviously, this doesn't solve the problem. I'll open a new support topic if necessary. 
  • Samsung tier 1 community, chat or phone support cannot resolve this. It needs to be addressed by tier 2, tier 3 or Samsung senior management. The only thing tier 1 can do is help us escalate to a higher level.
  • Has support made any effort to query higher up the chain and get an ETA on when this will be resolved?

Model:

QN65Q7FNA

Software Version:

T-KTM2AKUC-1103.4, BT - S

U.S.

useruI0fXo4Drn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm in the same boat with my new 2018 q6f.  Sometimes the app recognizes the TV, other times not.  But even when it does recognize the TV,  I can't connect to it.  The connection attempt always come back with an error.  

My model number is QN55Q6FNA ; current software version is 1103.