cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usereBaz8oBg6f
Constellation

Re: Samsung Smart View cannot Connect to TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So my UN65MU630 worked perfectly with the app.  Main board went out.  Replaced in warranty.  They updated firmware in process and now it’s “not compatible”.   That is a lie.  Not compatible means to not be able to exist and work together without conflict.  These were able to work together without conflict until the cheaply made hardware failed requiring the boards to be replaced and “updated” firmware installed without my consent.  The tv worked with the new board and before the firmware was updated.  I never agreed to the terms of the new version. So Fix it.

userir6e2wwKGi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I spent hours on the phone yesterday (and thru other days of sessions as well) =with a SS Tech about this problem. After following some phone instructions that didn't work, he finally admitted he really has no idea how this problem can be corrected.  He was helpful as far as needed to be, but no concerned enough to pass along my shameless begging request to his higher authorities to please PLEASE get this problem corrected soon, with some sort of updated app, patch or whatever.  I've had all kinds of problems trying to cast youtube videos from my laptop to my Samsung Q6 55' Smart (sometimes "stooopid") TV - - don't want to be confined to the Chrome adapter, as prefer to cast from Moz. Firefox, using my MS Display Adapter if necessary...sometimes works, usually doesn't, and I've tried all types of configurations....This Smart View windows app never detects my TV,--just not working right.  I no longer brag about Samsung TV's to others, as SS producers are downright inconsiderate, such as toward their pleading, disappointed consumers.

Highlighted
userir6e2wwKGi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I spent hours on the phone yesterday (and thru other days of sessions as well) =with a SS Tech about this problem. After following some phone instructions that didn't work, he finally admitted he really has no idea how this problem can be corrected.  He was helpful as far as needed to be, but not concerned enough to pass along my shameless begging request to his higher authorities to please PLEASE get this problem corrected soon, with some sort of updated app, patch or whatever.  I've had all kinds of problems trying to cast youtube videos from my laptop to my Samsung Q6 55' Smart (sometimes "stooopid") TV - - don't want to be confined to the Chrome adapter, as prefer to cast from Moz. Firefox, using my MS Display Adapter if necessary...sometimes works, usually doesn't, and I've tried all types of configurations....This Smart View windows app never detects my TV,--just not working right.  I no longer brag about Samsung TV's to others, as SS producers are downright inconsiderate, such as toward their pleading, disappointed consumers.

usereND06pnM0R
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What I thinb should be happening is SAMSUNG should get slapped with a Class Action Lawsuit for false advertising.

I've had my 4k for about a year and still am not able to mirror my computer/laptop

I was told that they do not have the ability with Windows 10.  I gave up on this issue for now. 

I'll let consumer affairs deal with the complaint.  

userk4Zkg1gy6c
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung UN55MU6300 purchased in 2018. I was able to get Smart View to recognize my TV. Here's how: while TV is on, unplug it from power. Wait for 30 seconds. Then plug the TV to power. That's it. Smart View found my TV. I hope this helps someone

userph82Bgoiuj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is extremly poor on samsungs part, they need one software engineer with an afternoon free to deliver what they advertise to sell you a TV.

Might return it as it is not fir for purpose.

userph82Bgoiuj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also this is not SOLVED and should not be marked or flagged as such! poor!!

user9b98dn1iDQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked for me! Thx!

userHmrIDmNL7Y
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It works!!!

Thanks!!!

Woody123
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What a joke! Has this seriously been an issue for over a year and had no solution made?

This was a huge reason for me picking a Samsung TV and now I feel completely duped.  I'm on board to start a class action suit based on the false advertisement.