cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzrhj4bKPA9
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Smart View cannot Connect to TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just last weekend I bought a UN32M4500 TV. I also spent a few hours in these days trying smart view, smart things, screen mirrorong to connect TV. But all efforts were failed with "No TVs Found" or "No device found" Since it was a final sale TV cann't be returned, just replacement available. 

I am so frustrated now. What we could do next. 

userzrhj4bKPA9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just last weekend I bought a UN32M4500 TV. I also spent a few hours in these days trying smart view, smart things, screen mirrorong to connect TV. But all efforts were failed with "No TVs Found" or "No device found" Since it was a final sale TV cann't be returned, just replacement available. 

I am so frustrated now. What we could do next.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Smartview isn't compatible with televisions made between 2011 and  2016.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userp9ou9BVZzg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UN55F7050

It makes zero sense to have a tv in switch a literal "screem mirror" option is availabe as an input source and yet there is no compatibility to other Samsung devices.  @SamsungJam please provide a system update/solution for this.  

userdVUGbUVYP0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJam wrote:

Smartview isn't compatible with televisions made between 2011 and  2016.  

So you're saying the Samsung website is wrong?

Supported Devices

• SMART TV
    • 2011 LED D7000 and above, PDP D8000 and above.
    • 2012 LED ES7500 and above, PDP E8000 and above.
    • 2013 LED F4500 and above (except F9000 and above), PDP F5500 and above.
    • 2014 H4500, H5500 and above (except H6003/H6103/H6153/H6201/H6203).
    • 2015 J4500, J5500 and above (except J6203).
    • 2016 K4300, K5300 and above.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well no, Jam should have been a little more clear. The Smartview setting is not compatible with televisions made between 2011 and  2016.  The SmartView App is compatible with the list you provided in response. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user8Rt0cuyqPm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have just bought a 2018 model Samsung TV. It's a 7-series, model UE49NU7100 to be precise. I got screen mirroring working from both my Windows 10 laptop and my iPhone 7. I did this without using the SmartView app.

To mirror from the PC, I used the built-in "Connect" button in the Windows 10 action center. The button us right next to the "Network" button where you connect to a Wifi network. This button uses Miracast to connect, and should work with any reasonably recent Windows 10 machine. 

To mirror from my iPhone 7, I used the Airplay feature on the phone. From the phone's Control Center (that's the menu that you pull up from the bottom of the screen), I tapped "screen mirroring" and followed the prompts.

Here's what I think has happened: Samsung has dropped support for SmartView on their 2018 TVs, and replaced it with support for the Miracast and Airplay standards, which is actually a big improvement since it doesn't require that you install an app. Weirdly, they haven't documented this in their user guide. They should be shouting it from the rooftops!

userzhFvn5F1v0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They didn't replace 2018 models with Miracast support. It's not working. Maybe for your laptop or for your phone, but not from Desktop. This is horrible support from Samsung.