JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV-Left side of screen is dark.

(Topic created: 03-17-2021 01:36 PM)
user8a3KriRaJJ
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My mom purchased her Samsung TV about 2 years ago (model:  UN55NU6900), and the left side of her screen is all of a sudden dark.  We went through all of the troubleshooting tips, & I contacted customer support, who told me that we would have to contact a service person and pay to have it fixed.  I have now read about 13 pages of comments from people experiencing the same issue.  My mom has always purchased Samsung because of their quality televisions.  A television should not have this type of issue in just a couple of years.   She should not have to pay to get it serviced if this is a widespread issue with the actual product.  What is the solution?

6 Replies
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I would be more than happy to look into this.  Could you send me a private message with any transaction numbers that you may have?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user83MNVhPB5a
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having same issue with my 65 inch 4K 6 series.  TV is less than two years old and of course warranty is over and now the left side of my screen is dark!! This is truly not acceptable.  I have a Samsung 46 inch tv I purchased 7 or 8 years ago and sadly it has the best picture  of all my TVs.  Wish Samsung would help consumers with this obvious problem!

userfQ85uJ7RWP
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I ran into this same issue on my barely year old samsung TV tonight and here’s how I (seemed) to fix it:

1. Remove the plastic back to the TV by taking a flat head screwdriver and sliding it under the bezel and around the perimeter.

2. Unplug the cable that runs from the green circuit board and the orange circuit board and blow into each end of the cable/connector then plug back in.

3. Do the same as step two with the cable that runs from the green circuit board to the bottom-middle of the TV.

4. Click back cover back into place and your good to go!

Not a super technical explanation but it seemed to work for me and there’s not much more info out there on this so thought I’d share

mjkhkr
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just curious, is your tv working okay after your fix, Or did it eventually go back to darkness?

userDmIZXaxLQp
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I believe my TV has started displaying this defect that tons of people on the internet has complained about and Samsung has done absolutely nothing except ask questions that are irrelevant. This is clearly a hardware defect. It’s happening on all sources and regardless of HDMI cables or sattelite TV. This is happening on many TV models, not just one. The defect seems to be widespread and available across many countries with different TV models.

Samsung TVs were literally the only thing I loved about Samsung, no more! I am never ever buying a Samsung product ever again. I am just ranting here and I expect zero serious response about this from any official at Samsung.

E3711D65-A3AA-4761-BF83-7A8262DEB9ED.jpeg

usercgn5CjojKI
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
So I am having this same problem. It just came out of no where. Is there an actual solution? I started to purchase Samsung because their TV's seemed clearer. Is there an actual solution or do I have to teach myself how to fix this?