cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung TV UN75NU6900 and Disney + App

Any solutions to this, having the same problem!

Highlighted
Asteroid

The Disney+ offending screen after load of app no logon prompts.The Disney+ offending screen after load of app no logon prompts.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hey, if you're still looking for a solution I got one. I went through the same thing and worked with Samsung custome support to solve it using their Remote Management. They ended up resetting my SmartTV Hub. There are a lot of steps so I'd recommend you go to settings and go to support. There you can request a call and Samsung will call the number you give (they called me in 2 minutes). When you get on tell them your problem and they'll walk you through the process. Good luck!

Highlighted
Constellation

Good news! I have solved this.  I called Disney+ and they had never heard of this.  Samsung wouldnt answer the phone or live chat. But I figured it out.  

1st- Go to your setting option and choose the "more" option. 

2nd- Go to "Support" and choose the "Self Diagnosis" option.  NOTE* If this option is subdued, you will need to completely unplug your tv.  That will reset this and make it possible to choose the "Self Diagnosis" option. 

3rd- Once in "self Diagnosis" choose "Reset Smart Hub"  (don't worry, you will have to reload some apps including disney+ but this will fix the issue so it's worth it).

4th- Go thru the set up for your tv (took me 3min or so) then once your back to your main screen, to the the "Apps" menu and get the Disney+ app.  This time you will be able to login like normal.  

Asteroid

Hey Added a picture of the offending screen to the last page. Anyone know if Disney + have a forum yet?

Highlighted
Constellation

Good news! I have solved this.  I called Disney+ and they had never heard of this.  Samsung wouldnt answer the phone or live chat. But I figured it out.  

1st- Go to your setting option and choose the "more" option. 

2nd- Go to "Support" and choose the "Self Diagnosis" option.  NOTE* If this option is subdued, you will need to completely unplug your tv.  That will reset this and make it possible to choose the "Self Diagnosis" option. 

3rd- Once in "self Diagnosis" choose "Reset Smart Hub"  (don't worry, you will have to reload some apps including disney+ but this will fix the issue so it's worth it).

@userCHDcncZiDN wrote:

Samsung 75 inch Tv is supported, on the compatiblity list for disney plus. But when I open the app it loads, then shows a screen with a device ID that is something like SAFDS243 that is different every time, that it says I need to register. I've done this before with some android apps but I can't find a guide anywhere on how to register the device id with disney plus. I've seen plenty of videos that just say click login which makes me think I am on a different app setup then most new samsungs. Things that also might help is what sort of app system does the UN75NU6900 use is this just an android tv, or one of there WEBos smart tv's?  Not sure where to find that and if it makes a difference in the app setup.

4th- Go thru the set up for your tv (took me 3min or so) then once your back to your main screen, to the the "Apps" menu and get the Disney+ app.  This time you will be able to login like normal.  

Highlighted
Constellation

I ran through this process but was not able to solve the problem with the Disney+ application. I have done this three times with Disney as well as Samsung and have received the same screen (different text) each time.

Highlighted
Constellation

I Have followed these steps and was unsuccesful and while doing so chatting with online disney+ support agent and still looking for solution. This issue has been submitted as a new problem and currently just waiting for further instructions via email.

Highlighted
Constellation

@user0nwdtvW0ev wrote:

I Have followed these steps and was unsuccesful and while doing so chatting with online disney+ support agent and still looking for solution. This issue has been submitted as a new problem and currently just waiting for further instructions via email.

Hello have you yet found the solution to this problem from Disney+

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue for me. Samsung support said to talk to Disney. I reset my TV twice, no luck. I even tried a different wireless network and DNS settings.