cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung TV UN75NU6900 and Disney + App

Samsung 75 inch Tv is supported, on the compatiblity list for disney plus. But when I open the app it loads, then shows a screen with a device ID that is something like SAFDS243 that is different every time, that it says I need to register. I've done this before with some android apps but I can't find a guide anywhere on how to register the device id with disney plus. I've seen plenty of videos that just say click login which makes me think I am on a different app setup then most new samsungs. Things that also might help is what sort of app system does the UN75NU6900 use is this just an android tv, or one of there WEBos smart tv's?  Not sure where to find that and if it makes a difference in the app setup.

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung TV UN75NU6900 and Disney + App

The code you are seeing is to verify your Disney+ account. This link should help: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=7b38ae50db0d40d03c0cf158bf96190c You can also find more information from the Disney+ help center.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

No I don’t think so that would be if I am validating a login this is a device registration. The prime video app does something similar. You end up logging into primevideo/mytv and inputting the device id and the tv is somehow connected to and is able to log on. Does anyone know that process for Disney plus?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hey Marin01 thanks for the support i assume the prompt screen is disney plus and i cant seem to find the wording to look up there registration url. That or this is set off by some bug of a feature that is not suppose to be there because that is a terrible login screen. Please login login using your browser at the registration site and register using the device id: “6charlong”

Highlighted
Constellation

That is great but the Disney+ app never asked for a login!  Any other update

Or Info? 

Constellation

Any update on this? Is there a resolution for this?  I have deleted app from TV

logged out of all Disney+ and

download again on to Samsung TV and

I still get the device ID registration screen!

Highlighted
Astronaut

i have the same problem

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hey was on support with Disney + they had no clue.  and I updated to the latest firmware based on them trying earniestly but I assume reaching for straws (not released yet on the auto update and it still didn't work.)  Firmware ver 1290.4 (ENGLISH) Still prompted with the same device id.

Anyways throwing out ideas?

-Disney plus have some sort of bug that calls up a feature not available yet?

-Any chance this is some sort of samsung registration (Again my device was logged into samsung account etc on the tv and appears to be registered in anyway I am familiar with) being called by disney plus as a bug?

-Anyone point me to a decent debugger\support tool maybe I can figure out this my self?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userCHDcncZiDN Could you send me a private message with the following information.

Model Number

Serial Number

Full Name

Street Address

Email Address

Phone Number

Place of Purchase

DUID

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Any motion on this item? Hey i am out of canada does that affect any of this?