cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung TV has a spinner and black screen intermittently when connecting to a console

Hello I have a really annoying issue with a new (3 months old), 82 inch Samsung 4k UHD TV.

- I have been gaming with the PS4 pro on top settings for 3 months until last week. Now, it intermittently jumps to a black screen with a spinning circle every 5 minutes or so, then essentially disconnecting the console saying the HDMI source is no existent.

- I also last week purchased a Nintendo Switch, which will not even connect to the TV, HDMI does not pickup at all, but works on a much older basic Samsung TV.

- I have seen some forms online to switch between Game Mode [Neither works for me].

- There are also some solutions which suggest dropping the resolution [Why would I do this on a certified 4k TV which costed a fortune].

Anyone have this issue and or potentially found a solution?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung TV has a spinner and black screen intermittently when connecting to a console

Please provide the full model code and current software version. Have you tried a factory reset? Have you tried different HDMI cables?