cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung TV has dark left side

Apparently this is an issue with this model or models after what I have been reading.  Left side dark.  Only had TV 2 years.   Tried replacing ribbon cables but no luck.  Usually have no issues with Samsung TVs as they are some of the best.   What can I do to fix this?  Samsung Model UN55MU7000.  

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung TV has dark left side

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes, exactly like that.  I tried all the other suggestions I read on here as well.  I know it's  out of warranty but I don't wanna pay a tech to come fix.   Cheaper to buy new one but don't wanna do that either.   Any other suggestions?   

Highlighted
Constellation

I see that you would pay for the cost of repair for US models.  Is that correct and if so, how do we get reimbursed?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

You have been affected by the typical dark vertical shadowing defect that is present on samsung budget - mid range LCD tvs from 2016 - onwards. It is extremely common and generally happens between 12-18 months of the tv's lifecycle. This is a well known and frequently reported problem that occurs on multiple different models and generations of Samsung sets.

Unfortunately it requires a full screen replacement. If it is not under warranty, it will generally cost a significant amount (at least $500 + labor). However, even if it is replaced, it will likely fail again in 12-18 months as it is a defect rather than a per panel problem.

here are some links to showcase how common this problem is:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/65-KS8000-dark-shadow-center-of-panel/td-p/4...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/Dark-spots-on-Samsung-Tv/td-p/691809

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

And to answer your question, it depends on if you get a good mod to message you. I've heard of some people having success with paying for parts but many times when they give "free one time replacements", they end up going nowhere because of "no service centers in your area" even if you live in a major city. Seems kind of sketchy to me.