cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersBfeoBa3tu
Constellation

Samsung TV one connect issues model UN60KS8000

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung model UN60KS8000. I have been having issues with my one connect. I thought it was the cable box but have had cable provider out and the cable box and cable are fine. Problem is with the one connect. I can get Netflix through the wifi but nothing through the cable box via the one connect. I have tried everything except replacing the one connect. I've spent hours on this and not happy. Any help? 

Purchased tv back on 9/2016.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: Samsung TV one connect issues model UN60KS8000

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

View solution in original post

userMsRGZeNpgU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is exactly what I am dealing with. Very frustrating as the TV was not cheap. I am finding a lot of discussions and posts throughout internet with many having same issue. Left message with Samsung couple weeks ago but didn’t get a response. What was the resolution?  

userMwjgET3d65
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having problems connecting my One Connect. The TV won't recognize it. 

Model #: UN65MU8000F

S/N:<HIDDEN>

Please help. 

tanmans
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My UN60KS8000FXZA has worked for almost a year. Earlier this year there was some connection issues with the One Connect box but changing the location ports of the HDMI cords worked. Now I've been losing connections one by one and none of the HDMI connections work. This TV is useless all I can do is get over the air transmission and only use the Samsung apps. No cable box, no Xbox or other inputs, and can't use as a computer monitor, wired or wireless. And yes I tried many different high quality HDMI cords and none worked. What is the problem Samsung?
Looking on the Samsung support forums there are many people who have this same problem. Also looking at the Samsung shop and seeing a lot of "backorder" status for many of the Samsung TV One Connect Boxes even for the new Q series tells me there may be a problem here.
Can you please advise what I should do or please send me new box?
Thanks,
Arman
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@tanmans     We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number for the television to this link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

tanmans
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Samsung Cole,
Thank you for letting me know that I do not have warranty coverage and it's 7 months past.
Also that I need a new One Connect box. Could you please provide me a part number?

I have been a loyal Samsung customer for the past 14 years. I own 3 Samsung TVs (which the other 2 work fine) and many other Samsung items as you can see from my Samsung account.

I am very disappointed that shortly after one year my TV needs a new box, it was wall mounted and nothing changed except the box/HDMI does not work anymore. The only thing I can think of is I updated the Samsung firmware in April earlier this year and right after that the problems started. I believe the Samsung firmware did something to my ONe Connect box. I will make sure I let all my friends know , other website Video forums and Consumer Reports hear about this problem. I think many other people have, or will also have, this problem sooner or later. I think Samsung should help me more than just saying to buy a new box from the Samsung Parts store. Also seems odd that no one else has or sells this One Connect box part, and many other models' ( for the Q series TVs) are all on back-order at the Samsung Parts store.
tanmans
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just wanted to inform others that have the Samsung UN60KS8000 TV that replacing the one connect box solved my HDMI connection problems. I've had this slightly over a year and half hanging on the wall, so not much changes in this time period except a few connections and disconnections to new devices. TV just hung on the wall the whole time. For some reason the HDMI connections started failing. Especially HDMI connections #1 and #4. I could not even have a Samsung DVD player work on them consistently, where as it worked before. Replaced the one connect box and instantly everything worked. Hopefully my second OneConnect box will last longer.

I also wanted to Thank Samsung Support with helping me.

** SOLVED **Smiley Happy

userpLKQQdY8FC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having same exact issue with HDMI and no signal.  Paid a lot of money for a tv for an external one connect to basically make my TV useless.  paying $100-200 more for a external One Connect replacement seems like a gamble as others on here stated it did not resolve issue.  Why are there so many issues with this One Connect box?  Was there a bad batch? Bad firmware update? 

userrjTFzrXyDQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issues. Loyal Samsung customer and I feel like they are screwing customers with this poor product. To top it off the one connect cable that came with the tv was not long enough so I have to purchase a $400 cable to reach an extra 2 ft. Now my tv does not even work due to this box.

Samsung phone, watch, tv, refrigerator.... last samsung products I will purchase.