Original topic:

Samsung UN75NU800D loses WiFi and strange behaviors

(Topic created: 06-01-2021 06:21 AM)
user6vbc94ypVJ
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Our Samsung TV has been problematic and seems to be getting worse. When we purchased it we didn't watch a lot of TV due to overtime at work. But in March my Wife was diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer and has had surgery and is now undergoing chemo and radiation. While taking care of her I broke the 5th metatarsal in my right foot and had surgery and still cannot walk on it, so we now have plenty of TV time! That being said, our TV is beginning to frustrate us to the point that I told my Wife last night I would either lay it in the driveway and drive our car over it, or put it on the curb with a "Free" sign on it.

Almost daily the TV can't find a WiFi signal even though I have a mesh WiFi system in my home and have a strong signal, I can even get WiFi in my backyard shed strong enough to run a wireless security camera. No other device in our home has trouble finding an internet connection. but the TV requires me to test the signal 2 or 3 times before magically finding the WiFi signal. I say magically because I don't change any settings, just have to test the WiFi 2 or 3 times and then it will find it eventually. And then while watching TV the screen will freeze and you get a spinning disk, other times a screen saying not available at the moment.

When I purchased a sound bar to go with my TV I would have to go into the menu daily and tell the TV to use the sound bar, it kept reverting back to the internal TV speakers. And then one day it magically stopped this behavior.

It starts up on different channels. For 3 or 4 days in a row it will start on one app, then switch to another app no matter what app was running when you shut the TV off. For about 4 days it started up on the HDMI channel that my Xbox One is connected to, even though I didn't want to play a game. It did this for a number of days and I did not change any settings. Then one day it started up on the same channel but did not turn on my Xbox even though the option to turn it on was still checked. Then after 2 days it started up on a completely different channel.

In the menu screen some settings are grayed out, but not all of the time. Sometimes I can choose the upgrade firmware setting, and some days it's grayed out and won't let me select it. There are other settings that are grayed out as well, are they supposed to be? Who knows.

The most aggravating thing is when you are watching a show or movie and the TV switches from what you are watching to Samsung TV Plus! Imagine being engrossed in a great movie, you hear the TV make a menu type sound and all of the sudden you are watching America's Test Kitchen "How to fry bacon" episode on Samsung TV Plus. I keep the remote on the table beside me, not in my hand, so I know it's not me accidentally pushing buttons.

Something has to give, this TV is driving us insane.

0 Likes
11 Replies
DrOctpuss
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Sorry your internet doesn't work I've been having problems with mine since I moved into this area so good luck
0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Do you have the unit plugged into a wall socket or surge protector?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user6vbc94ypVJ
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Yes it is plugged into a surge suppressor.

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I know this may sound weird but try making sure it is plugged directly into the wall socket. I don't know why this helps tv's but more often than not it does.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user6vbc94ypVJ
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I saw your response yesterday but was unable to reply on my mobile device. I plugged it into the wall socket yesterday, turned the tv on last night and this morning both times with the "No internet" error message. It was able to correct itself in time (which it has been known to do). Time will tell if the other anomalies persist. Thank you for your response.

0 Likes
sbllbs
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Is is NON-STOP losing signal. This just started a week or so ago and it is infuriating.
0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Try ensuring the unit is connected directly through an ethernet cable.

0 Likes
sbllbs
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Let me just go get 100 feet of ethernet cable. Chromecast is cheaper than a mile of cable, and when it is connected to the SAME WIFI NETWORK it works every time as opposed to this TV. Samsung needs to stop blaming customers and FIX THE PROBLEM.

It's the TV. Period.
0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I apologize for the confusion, but I meant it as a test to see if it's your internet or just the WiFi. These questions might sound silly but trust me, they are necessary to find the root cause of the issue to avoid a lengthy repair process.

0 Likes