cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Un50j6200 Recall?? safety issue

Thank you for sending us those images in the email. I spoke with my management team and they have advised me that you would have to contact our Business to Business department regarding this concern. If you call 866-726-4249, they will be able to resolve this concern for you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user3Idq78p7wQ
Constellation

The same problem with the UE48JS8500LXXH

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@ user3Idq78p7wQ The model number you provided is an international. This media is for US support and service. I would strongly suggest that you reach out to the Samsung office in your region for further steps. Here is a link to find their support page and contact information: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

userwtMFZjPVD5
Constellation

My Samsung UN50J6200 also just began melting from the bottom left corner. Lines running accross the screen. Are these TV's being replaced by Samsung? As stated above this seems like a major saftey concern. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

usertpKdqEvQH1
Asteroid

My model just did the same thing

eugy6912
Asteroid

I had the same exact issue and voiced the same concerns. I warned Samsung that this is a class-action lawsuit waiting to happen -- i'm afraid for the day one of these defective TVs burn a house down and kill someone.

In my particular case I wrote what happened to me here https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/TVs/Screen-overheating-and-melting-corner-of-TV-6300-series-LED/...

I also wrote a message to them on Twitter. They quicky reached back out to me and offered me a replacement. About a week later my 50" 2016 TV was offered a replacement to a 2018 updated model brand new. I asked for a larger one and shockingly they accomodated. My 55" Series 7 2018 Samsung TV arrived yesterday and they took the old one. 

Very happy with the speed and effectiveness of customer service but I too worry that this will result in the death of someone. 

Highlighted
userlSuUuEvj69
Constellation

the same exact thing happened to me just yesterday.

samsung can you help? 

userTlmbX2fTA1
Constellation

This just happened to me tonight! My Samsung 50 inch Smart TV (UN50J6200AF) has thick lines running across the screen and the bottom left corner (when facing the TV) was melting. I have just looked up similar complaints on this TV. I bought this TV in November 2016 (less than 2 years ago). I am lucky I caught this, this could have been a huge fire safety issue. Why hasn’t this TV been recalled! I spent a lot of money on this TV, and it’s ruined within two years. This product, my product should be recalled, and be exchanged a new one!
userOD3GQq3cES
Constellation

Hello. Can you please tell me if you have received any help or information with this issue. 

My 6200 series tv started burning today and the tv poped and shut off. It’s 3 years old and they told me it’s (out of warranty!) My tv almost started on fire today with children in the house. Luckily I was home. All I had to do was get on the internet to see this is a huge issue with their products. After getting off the phone with this horrible company I was told to call a repair center. Unbelievable! They need to take

accountability for their defective products. I’m very disappointed and will be looking into a lawsuit.