cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userTlmbX2fTA1
Constellation

Re: Samsung Un50j6200 Recall?? safety issue

Samantha,
My Samsung 50 inch Smart TV (UN50J6200AF) has thick lines running across the screen and the bottom left corner (when facing the TV) was melting. I have just looked up similar complaints on this TV. I bought this TV in November 2016 (less than 2 years ago). I am lucky I caught this, this could have been a huge fire safety issue. Why hasn’t this TV been recalled! I spent a lot of money on this TV, and it’s ruined within two years. This product, my product should be recalled and be exchanged a new one!
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

There are currently no active recalls with this model in question. However, I'd be happy to look into your case further. Please feel free to send me a private message. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useroBdo5d1icm
Constellation

I had exactly the same issue tonight!  Fortunately I was in the room when the plastic started to melt.   Obviously there is an issue with this television! 

userhipbLh8UXH
Constellation

This happened to us as well except it was the bottom left that started to n

melt.

userAon9rCKDgB
Constellation

I am having the same issue... need help as I purchased 11 of these TV's for rooms that we rent and I don't want the responsibility of a death on my hands because of this...
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userAon9rCKDgB: Could you send us a private message?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The ones with lines are both Un50j6200 models, correct?  

userAon9rCKDgB
Constellation

Yes, they both are the UN50J6200.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

userOD3GQq3cES
Constellation

Hello. Can you please tell me if you have received any help or information with this issue.
My 6200 series tv started burning today and the tv poped and shut off. It’s 3 years old and they told me it’s (out of warranty!) My tv almost started on fire today with children in the house. Luckily I was home. All I had to do was get on the internet to see this is a huge issue with their products. After getting off the phone with this horrible company I was told to call a repair center. Unbelievable! They need to take
accountability for their defective products. I’m very disappointed and will be looking into a lawsuit.