cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usercROhgLhAOB
Asteroid

Samsung Un50j6200 Recall?? safety issue

Yesterday  May 11, 2018 my kids were watching TV on our Samsung  smart TV when the TV went white with vertical lines and the right bottom corner heated up so much that it melted.  

This is scary as this is a safety issue that is more than just a defective tv but a potential life safety issue as this could have caused a house fire. 

Why have i  not heard about this from Samsung or Best Buy where I purchased this TV??

this IS a known issue what is the solution?

33 REPLIES 33
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Un50j6200 Recall?? safety issue

Hey there, I am very sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I noticed you also posted on quite a few of the other boards. At this time, there is not a single one-fix-for-all solution. The mods are looking into each and every case here to offer what is available for each customer. In order to see what we can do for you, can you send me a private message with the below information here: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone NumberSmiley SadIf Available)
Place of Purchase:

Model Code:
Serial Number:

Picture of the melted portion of the screen:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usertpKdqEvQH1
Asteroid

My TV did the same thing. My 5 year was watching tv when it happened. So thankful we caught it in time and it didn’t burn our house down.
Will Samsung repair or replace ?
Is there an active recall?
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@usertpKdqEvQH1: Could you send us a private message? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Dtorrencej
Constellation

I’m having the same issue!! We unplugged it and everything stayed hot for a little over 15 min... Is there anyway we can get this replaced if so can you please reach out to me

Thanks
usertpKdqEvQH1
Asteroid

Contact Samsung. Yes they are taking care of my issues. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello, @userSEj4npPrt3 please send me a private message with the model and serial of the unit along with any photos you may have of the symptoms. 

userTAZLhARWSW
Constellation

This is Crazy!  My 60" just trew sparks and my daughter was sitting off to the side of it .  By the time I came to her when she screamed.  I could literelaly see the bottom right corner melting.  even when unplugged immediatly it got so hot it continued melting.   I need some help with this. 

JJmac

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@ userTAZLhARWSW I am sorry to hear this. I hope that no one was harmed. I would be happy to look into this further. Can you drop a private message https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the model and serial numbers of your devic

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hi, Joseph! Did you receive the new TV?