Original topic:

Samsung can you fix the pcm passthrough issue on the 2020 TVs?

(Topic created on: 1/19/21 2:05 PM)
userGTSttpNHtl
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hi there,

Just wondering if you are planning to fix the issue that currently exists on all the 2020 models regarding pcm and audio pass through.

There are many posts and threads about this but the TVs don't seem to work with 5.1 or 7.1 surround/multi channel lpcm when using Earc/passthrough to a soundbar or home cinema system. Instead the tv always downgrades the audio to PCM stereo but this shouldn't happen with pass through.

This is causing issues and problems for your users when using external devices such as blu ray players, Nintendo switch and xboxs/ps5s connected to the TV. I don't think the switch can even change audio formats so you are unable to get surround. 

Others correct me if I'm missing anything here

Could you please look at this issue and fix it via firmware? As there seems to be an issue with Earc/pass through

Thanks 

0 Likes
8 Replies
userGTSttpNHtl
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Samsung?

keithfkelly
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Bueller?  Bueller?  Bueller?

0 Likes
userGTSttpNHtl
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Samsung can you respond? This is widely documented and causing issues 

keithfkelly
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

7936ABBD-1AB5-4210-8C03-51C76CF312FE.jpeg

0 Likes
Awalt
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I highly suspect they are not releasing LPCM support until they have fixed the audio drop-out/skipping issue with TrueHD Atmos passthrough as described in my linked post.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/Atmos-TrueHD-eARC-passthrough-sound-skipping-Q80T...

If they activate support for LPCM, since its uncompressed, it will probably suffer from the same issues. While passthrough of TrueHD Atmos Uncompressed audio is a problem that affect a relativly small group of people who use Plex/Kodi/Emby, if they opened the floodgates of PS5 users the problem would escalate by a massive amount.

Right now most people who own a PS5 either is just using TV speakers and not noticing anything, or they get 2.0 PCM or Compressed 5.1 through the soundbar and are content with that.

0 Likes
keithfkelly
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Samsung, please get off your lazy silent laurels and fix this.  Your hardware is garbage without correctly-working firmware, and you are flat-out FALSE ADVERTISING the features and capabilities of your TVs due to multiple horrendous firmware bugs like this one.  FIX YOUR FIRMWARE!!

0 Likes
userGTSttpNHtl
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Samsung can you give us an official response please?

keithfkelly
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Anyone Samsung employees awake and doing their jobs?  Hello?

0 Likes