cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung frame: set up own photo with modern matte

Hi,

I have a samsung frame 43'' 2020, and I am trying to set up art mode with my own artwork and display it with the 'modern matte'. I've followed the instructions on this page and made the picture exactly 3457px x 1780px, but I am only shown the option of a 'shadow matte', not the modern matte. I've tried making the picture bigger with the same ratio, I've also tried following the tip on this page to make the picture a 16:9 ratio. I've tried setting it up via the smartthings app, and on the tv itself via USB. Nothing works, I just don't see the option to choose a modern matte, which is very frustrating.

Samsung, please let me know how to set up my own photo with a modern matte. And on a side note, please update the art mode software to make it more user friendly. The photo handling is very amateuristically designed and the user friendliness is horrible. This is unacceptable for a premium TV which is marketed specifically for these functionalities. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung frame: set up own photo with modern matte

I agree, the whole system is terrible. I've had mine on the wall for about 8 hours and I'm already seriously considering putting it back in the box and taking it back to the store - it's just not fit for purpose. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung frame: set up own photo with modern matte

I have a 2020 55" Frame. I use lightroom, and selected 15 photos to export.  I cropped each image to 16:9 aspect ratio, and then exported the images from lightroom specifying a resize to 3840x2160. I then put the exported images on a USB drive.  After uploading, 13 of the 15 images work with all matte options available.  The two remaining only have the shadow box option.  I can't for the life of me figure out what the Frame TV doesn't like about those two images even though they were exported at the same time with the same exact settings as the others.  This TV is beyond frustrating.  That and the motion and light detection doesn't work at all, but that is separate problem (I think).