Original topic:

Samsung has HORRIBLE customer service

(Topic created on: 11/30/20 8:56 PM)
userlElLISXCm0
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Last week I tried purchasing a Samsung Q80T 55" TV as part of the black friday deal. All's well and good, I add the TV to my cart and go to check out. But when I clicked place order, I kept getting an error message saying "we are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again after a few minutes". Well, I waited a few minutes and tried again, but the same message popped up. After waiting longer and trying over and over, my order just wouldn't go through, so I just quit trying at that point. 

I decided to check my bank account to make sure I wasn't charged, and low and behold, I had a pending charge of ~$1000. My order never placed, and I have no order confirmation anywhere. I decide to call samsung, and they tell me that there was an error with my order going through. They said the pending charge would go away automatically, and to try to order the TV again. In addition, they said the error message would go away after clearing cookies and cache. So I did just that. The error message kept popping up, but after pressing place order after 3 or 4 times, the order actually went through. I called it a night after that. 

The next day I wake up and I have an email that my order was on hold until I update my payment information. In addition, my pending charge was still there. I try updating my payment info with different payment methods, but again I kept getting an error message "we are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again after a few minutes". I call samsung and first ask about my pending charge, and they said it would go away in 2-3 business days. And then I ask about the error message, and they say to change my email on my bank account to match my samsung account. So I do that after the call. Still doesn't work. 

I call back, many many time over the course of the week with none of them being able to find a solution. One lady left the live chat when I told her I'd change tabs for a second to screenshot the error message. Another guy couldn't figure it out and said the TV was sold out not just on the website, but on EVERY retail you could buy it from (which wasn't true, but even if it was unavailable, why does it say it is available?) And then almost every other person just says the same thing to clear cache and cookies, but then they can't figure it out so they'll  report it to another colleague. These colleagues were supposed to get back to me in 2 days, but it's been a week. And then they all tell me to keep waiting for this pending charge to cancel. 

At this point I decided to call my bank and make a fraud claim. My money is gone and I have no order. As for the order that im currently trying to complete that's been on hold, samsung support is utterly useless. I'd like to complete the order because I was able to get the best deal on this site, but at this point idk if I even want to bother. 

**UPDATE**

Good news is I finally got my money back. Bad news that samsung support became even worse. I got an email this morning about my order that was on hold, and they cancelled the order all together. They didn't say a thing about the error message I was receiving, they just told me to reorder. First off, how can I even reorder when I get that error message whenever I try to place it? Second, I never gave permission to cancel the order, and now I just lost the discounts I had applied to it. Samsung just does not care for their customers I'm never ordering from this site again. 

4 Replies
FoxieRoxie
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Thats a shame :( They should be ashamed of themselves. I also had a error ordering a item on their website, luckily not as hectic as yours. Quite honestly, next time demand to speak to a Supervisor and don't quit...Samsung should be your Santa this year with a brand new FREE t.v. sent.
userlElLISXCm0
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

It's really frustrating, sorry to hear you had some sort of problem before as well. To top it all off, they said the would offer me $10 off for the inconvenience (which I never ended up getting). It's just like, no I want my ~$1000 back or my TV not $10 lol

FoxieRoxie
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Right! That is major...some of us dont have $1000 laying around to be kept to no one for 2-3 days (or longer). Ill keep your issue in mind more then even my own, and will probably choose to shop for Samsung products elsewhere even if their website prices are lower. Hey, I hope you have better luck in the future and eventually get that t.v.! lol. Happy Holidays to you :)
0 Likes
userCHrz6pkxaR
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I don't want 

@FoxieRoxie wrote:
Right! That is major...some of us dont have $1000 laying around to be kept to no one for 2-3 days (or longer). Ill keep your issue in mind more then even my own, and will probably choose to shop for Samsung products elsewhere even if their website prices are lower. Hey, I hope you have better luck in the future and eventually get that t.v.! lol. Happy Holidays to you :)

I don't want to come across as being rude but probably shouldn't be buying a TV if you can't affoard to have 1k pending on your Credit card... My financial two cents for what its worth.

0 Likes