cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blckstn
Constellation

Samsung "the Frame" connection to NAD C368 amplifier

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi - I'm new to this community... I recently purchased a 49 inch Samsung 'The Frame' television (UE49LS03NAS). I'm pleasantly surprised for the upgrade after my dated Sony device! While the sound quality of the Frame is allegedly of decent quality (...), I want to have the ability to get tv sound over my speaker via my NAD C368 amp. I connected the tv via an optical cable, without intervening converters or DAC's to my NAD and after selecting PCM output on the tv, the tv prompts for a setup of the Samsung remote. In this setup, the tv attempts to configure the remote to work with the amp (volume and power on/off toggling), but seemingly cannot, at least not automatically. The manual setup fails subsequently on the power test (to try to toggle the power on/off on the amp), seemingly because the NAD C368 is not in the list of supported amps. Now volume control works, power on/off toggling does not. 

Now, I really want this functionality to work as I have the amp in a closed cupboard. I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten this to work in a roundabout way.

Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung "the Frame" connection to NAD C368 amplifier

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! Regrettably support for non-US models is very limited. We suggest reaching out to a support team in your area for further assistance. You can do so by using the following link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung "the Frame" connection to NAD C368 amplifier

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! Regrettably support for non-US models is very limited. We suggest reaching out to a support team in your area for further assistance. You can do so by using the following link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks! 

View solution in original post