Original topic:

Samsung series 6 cannot connect to menu, remote control not working

(Topic created: 08-30-2021 10:00 AM)
userTIaUYCjwup
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Dear all:

This issue has been going on for quite some time.  I When I turn on the tv, it won’t connect.  There’s an error message that pops up.

I try using the Samsung remote control to access the apps or change volume.  I can’t..

in fact, the volume has not been working since last year.

i decided to tolerate it for some time before coming here today in hopes of finding a solution.  I thought about calling Samsung service but I am afraid the service cost will be more expensive than buying a new tv..  may someone advise on what I can do??  The tv was purchased and used in 2017 so it’s really new.

thank you!!

0 Likes
6 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Oh no!  I would be more than happy to assist with this.  Could you provide the model of the television?  What's the error message what you're seeing?  Are you using the original remote that came with the television or a 3rd party universal remote?  Please get back to us as soon as you can so that we can work on getting you back up and running 🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user1aReRniaPr
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have similar issue with my Series 6 TV (purchased in late 2017).  All of sudden, the Samsung smart remote stopped talking to TV (other than turning on/off).  I also lost my TV-to-internet connection (connection to wifi was fine but lost connectivity to internet.  No wifi/internet issues for other wireless devices).  Cant change sound, will no longer connect to Samsung soundbar, will not allow change of source to other HDMI connections to gaming, streaming devices, etc (using my cable remote as proxy remote now..).  Very frustrating.

Model:  UN50MU630D

Serial:  <Hidden>

Please help.  Looking now at replacement TV but not Samsung any longer...

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I can definitely understand your concern here. Let's try to alleviate some of the stress by trying this link:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202543/ 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user1aReRniaPr
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks SamsungLarry.  I have been able to re-pairing of smart remote to TV a few times to get some remote functionality, but each time I turn TV on and off, I have to re-pair to TV.  Once I get remote working, sound still not able to change and cant get Source changed, but TV still does not link to my internet nor allow for new Source to be viewed.  Clearly something  up with TV processing in background:  will not allow internet connectivity, no reading of HDMI2, HDMI3, 3, AV  sources, remote needs to be paired each time power shut off.

0 Likes
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user1aReRniaPr
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Despite many troubleshooting attempts and all sorts of power off, pulling plug out, re-paring remote to TV, resetting of Smart Hub, restarting my home modem and router, etc etc, there is still no solution.  Volume is stuck on one or two volume levels only, not able to connect to internet, and connectivity to Samsung sound bar is lost (was interfacing fine for 3 yrs prior).  My guess is right after warranty expires, there is software update pushed to create havoc.  Not happy. 

Who do I contact (not on Facebook or Twitter) to get help to resolve?  

Model:  UN50MU630D

Serial:  <Hidden>

0 Likes