JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung un65ks8000 LED edge lighting bleed issue.

(Topic created: 10-31-2020 12:53 PM)
user9Bho3pF8P6
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello!

I am having an issue with the LED edge light source bleeding through the TV set along the lower right hand corner and the lower half of the left side of the screen. These "light bubbles" have gotten worse over the past 6-8 months and I wanted to do something before they got out of hand.

I purchased this set in March of 2017 from Best Buy. I am very disappointed that a quality manufacturer like Samsung could have this sort of issue after just 3 and a half years. I own a Samsung fridge, washer/dryer, computer monitor, and this is the only problem I have had. Please let me know what I can do.

IMG_5893.JPGIMG_5892.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user9Bho3pF8P6
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Great news! Samsung sent somebody out today and replaced the entire panel. I am beyond happy with the treatment I received and their wilingness to stand behind their product. Good luck to everyone with a problem and I hope your results are as exemplary as mine. Thanks!!

View solution in context

8 Replies
Ezto
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
they turning it off and then back on
0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@user9Bho3pF8P6     I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user9Bho3pF8P6
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Message sent, thank you very much!

Matthew

0 Likes
userP1XnCeynSr
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same issue here. I will repost until customers have a solution.image1 (19).jpegimage0 (18).jpeg

0 Likes
Solution
user9Bho3pF8P6
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Great news! Samsung sent somebody out today and replaced the entire panel. I am beyond happy with the treatment I received and their wilingness to stand behind their product. Good luck to everyone with a problem and I hope your results are as exemplary as mine. Thanks!!

View solution in context

uservuNAGTHfot
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have been experiencing the same issue over the past 30 days with my Samsung UN55JS9000, with light bleed down both side panels of my television.  It is very distracting and frustrating to use in this condition.  I purchased the TV from a local Best Buy and the manafacturer warranty was up in August of 2016.  This was the most expensive TV investment I had ever made and the first Samsung TV I have purchased.  I have used many of their phones over the years and was always happy with them and in fact was just considering changing back from an Iphone.  However, I think I cannot do that after this experience.  Over $3K for this TV and less longevity than any TV I have ever purchased.  I just called Samsung and the Customer Svc Rep had me walk through steps I had already taken with the built in picture test and TV resets.  Of course they did not remedy the problem and I understand they have a protocol to follow.  After concluding these options the Customer Svc Rep informed me that I had 2 options:  1) call a tech to possibly repair the tv at my expense  2) replace my tv at my cost.  Nothing they could do to assist me as it was now outside of the manufacturer warranty date.  So as I have been looking at TV alternatives online and hoping to avoid it through some kind of fix, I am very leary of investing this kind of money again on a Samsung replacement for the set.  I had always read great reviews regarding the Samsung TV's and just bought my in-laws a 65" model for their anniversary back in October right before my TV began showing issues.  It's frustrating to think there of the investment made and not even an offer to assist with a replacement product.  Hopefully newer models panels are less prone to these issues.  Looks like it's time for me to go shopping.

uservuNAGTHfot
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Customer Service had supplied me a number to call that they refered to as "Samsung Upgrade Dept" to possibly assist in product replacement.  I called that line and it is actually "Samsung Premotions".  They were courteous but quick to refer me back to the Technical Issue/Customer Service group, which I already had and they referred me to them, as well as explaning that there was nothing they could offer for replacement concerns.  I then made a call to the Local Repair Tech that Samsung Customer Service had supplied me and as soon as I explained I had the 2015 top of the line Curved TV model with light bleed I was told that although the TV's were beautiful to look at, they were very prone to the issue of light bleed and there was no way to repair my TV.  I am extremely dissapointed in this experience.  This TV had an MSRP of $4999 when released.  I would understand Samsungs approach if these failures were isolated.  But to know how common they are and based on the response from the Repair Tech, I am floored to think they are not offering some sort of financial assistance for replacing them to a more reliable Samsung product.  I have been leary of OLED technology due to potential burn in and thought I was buying a superior technology that would not fail.  While the technology does not necessarily seemed flawed, you have to question the design.   No one is making the curved sets today and it appears that may be for reasons beyond aestethics.  I distinctly remember the sales folks telling me how LED/LCD technology was going to extend the life of a TV many times over...  I had banked on that when I bought my TOTL curved Samsung.  I have cheap TV's in a few other rooms of the home that have outlasted my "best" TV.  I looked at a few of the Samsung Q90 and 80 level TV's today and read reviews.  I love their look and picture quality, but I do not know if I can find the comfort to invest that heavily in Samsung after this experience.  I hoped for a better outcome.  I will say their Representatives were courteous and professional.  The product was fantastic while it lasted. 

usero8rFc8p7Xo
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

How did you get them to replace it?  They turned me down and mine looks worse than yours.

0 Likes