Screen is half dark

(Topic created: 01-29-2021 01:29 PM)
user7EU8TPleV3
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Model: UN55NU6900BXZA

Serial: <hidden>

Screen is half dark on left side all the time. All componets removed. Reset completed, all tests performed, software updated as of 27 Jan 2021. Plugged television in after moving to find this problem. Pretty certain it was NOT damaged during the move. Appears this a very common issue. Television purchased in Oct of 2019

Watcha got?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

If this occurs o all sources and during the picture test this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

If this occurs o all sources and during the picture test this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

usergBsa9rSJFd
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have the same issue but first why would a tv break in less than 3 years? Replacing a screen costs more than new TVs. I have bought multiple Samsung devices but the lack of reliability has me questioning why I should buy Samsung for my next tv. 

0 Likes
user8a3KriRaJJ
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My mom purchased her Samsung TV about 2 years ago (model:  UN55NU6900), and the left side of her screen is all of a sudden dark.  We went through all of the troubleshooting tips, & I contacted customer support, who told me that we would have to contact a service person and pay to have it fixed.  I have now read about 13 pages of comments from people experiencing the same issue.  My mom has always purchased Samsung because of their quality televisions.  A television should not have this type of issue in just a couple of years.   She should not have to pay to get it serviced if this is a widespread issue with the actual product.  What is the solution?

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes