cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My TV did the same thing.  How can Samsung not have done a recall on this!?

It's unacceptable that they allow a fire hazard like this to continue.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @useryubDk9igej: We've responded to your private message.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did anyone actually get help from Samsung on the overheating melting tv’s?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I have Samsung UN50J6200 50-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV that started smoking from one corner while my 5 year old daughter was watching it.  Had I not looked over to see the screen discoloring and heard her yell to me it would have started a fire.  The TV is barely 3 years old!  Judging by the fact that there are 45 pages of replies here I'd say this is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.  If this doesn't get resolved with a complementary service call and a repair at Samsung's expense I'm calling a lawyer.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userRTSAqt37GV  Hey there! I'm glad no one was injured! I want to look into this for you; could you send me photos of the TV as well as the model and serial number via private message?

http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,  I have the same problem with my TV, UN50J6300afxza LED TV . The corner is very very hot to the touch!!! please assist!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userauNNLWhJmY That sounds super frustrating! Can you send me a Private Message with the serial number as well as some photos of the melted corner?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Like the rest, I was watching my Samsung 6300 and I noticed a dark area forming more and more in the right bottom corner. At first I thought it was the movie and how it was made. After trying several other channels and seeing it didn't change, I got up and went over and noticed a black area and it was very hot to touch! I turned it off and immediately came here. I have had several Samsung phones, currently have a Note 10plus and very disappointed. This TV is barely 2 years old. 

What is the next step? I'm already in the house due to the pandemic, now no tv! 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Alavette Can you please provide the following via a private message?  http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Place of Purchase:
Bill of Sale: (If Available)

Model Code:
Serial Number:

Picture(s) of Melted Portion of the Screen:

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Didnt notice my tv getting hot until the entire right side went dark and I touched it and it was extremely hot. My tv isn't even 2 years old