cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user34UAtpqjJm
Asteroid

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

3 weeks since my tv broke and 2 weeks since my exchange has been approved and I accepted the exchange departments offer, still unable to reach them.

How can I reach that department and find the status?

Can I just get my money back and I will go buy another TV.

Why does it take this long to set up an exchange?

userl7YQaFLv3n
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had slightly better luck than you. My exchange got approved, and an attempt to deliver the exchange was made earlier this week. But the TV they brought had a huge scratch in the center of it. The box was damaged in the exact place where the scratch was and covered up with tape. In other words, deliberate attempt at hiding it by someone. So I rejected the delivery. Now I tried to contact the infamous exchange line yesterday, unsuccessfully, and will attempt to do so again today.

user34UAtpqjJm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update on my situation:

I finally had the TV delivered to my place day before yesterday. The Exchange team got in touch with me on Friday August 4th.

My takeaway from the whole experience : If they tell you it will take 3- 10 days, you will receive an update on the 11th day.

Since I focused on the negative in all my posts so far, I wanted to highlight the positives as well.

- I am happy with the TV I received in exchange

- The exchange guy was super friendly and spread the cheer

- They got the replacement to me within a month

- Every customer service rep I spoke with genuinely tried to help me, though they had no means to reach the exchange department.

userl7YQaFLv3n
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I pulled off the impossible today and actually got through to the exchange department after 70 minutes of holding. And they said they will call me back next week...

I agree that the customer service reps and moderators here have been friendly, and very helpful. It's the exchange department that is beyond frustrating.

Highlighted
userIYGl7tXRGI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Happy I found this thread.

I have a UN50J6200 that I purchased from Best Buy around 8 weeks ago.  Two days ago the T.V. started displaying horizontal lines from top to bottom.  Yesterday I noticed that the bottom left corner of the screen is melting with a black half circle shape growing out of the corner.  It is very hot to the touch as well.

My question is, should I try to work with Best Buy since it is so new (past 30 days though), or go directly to Samsung.  I really do not want to be dealing with the run around for several weeks.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It depends on what you would rather do.  If you would like to do it through us, send us a private message.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ThankfulKevin: Send us a private message with pictures of the screen and your transaction number.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us the information as soon as you can.

ThankfulKevin
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you SamsungJam for directing me to the right department. They've agreed to exchange the tv and I'm more than thankful for the resolution. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ThankfulKevin: I'm glad that I could be of assistance.  Could you send me a private message to send you a survey?