cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useraGrtAwK3r5
Constellation

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Justin, I have exactly the same problem with my Samsung UN55H6350 55-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV that is less than 3 years old. First started with a black spot in the lower left corner, then a pair of full horizontal lines appeared at half inch over. Days later cheking from close noted that ramdom pearled colors started to appear over the black spot and soon after full evenly spaced horizontal dark lines began to appear from top to bottom. These lines were about 2px or 3px high and their opacity were less and less towards the right side of the screen.  I saw a little warping of the surface of the screen in that corner that was visible by the reflection and was when I touched the screen and felt it so hot that couldn't stand the heat for more than 3 seconds and could even smell the plastic from that distance. Couple of days later the HDTV screen began to turn black about 5 seconds after I turned it on, soon after everytime I tried it lasted less and less, nevertheles I could hear the sound and change the channels using the remote. The image didn't just go black like when turning it off but instead would freeze at first and then slowly burn out from one side to the other for a couple of seconds until getting entirely black, this happened several times when I was trying to figure out what was happening until it stop showing a picture at all. Interstingly, I could hear a faint noise or interference sound from the back of the tv every time I tried to turn it on and the sound would stop once the image freezed and started to dissapear.

userpX7O9iemmP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with my Samsung T.V. purchased at Costco around two years ago. I was noticed last Thursday night (it is now Wed morning) that this t.v. has vertical lines through the display when I turned it on, but they went away so I did not think anything of it. I did not use the t.v. again until last night (Tues) when there were again vertical lines when I turned it on, but they faded. I was watching maybe 10 minutes, and then paused my show for about 10 minutes to talk to my kids. When we were done talking, my daughter walked by the t.v. (on top of my dresser) and saw the the bottom left corner of the screen looked weird. She turned to me to point it out and touched it in the process, and it burned her finger (not badly). She said I had to turn the t.v. off and it was a fire hazard. This seems like a serious safety hazard, so I will contact Costco and state and federal consumer safety in addition to seeking remedy from Samsung. If this item has not been recalled yet, I will be surprised.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userpX7O9iemmP. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble! Please send me a private message with the model and serial number of the unit along with photos of the television. I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Community Guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817
Terms of Service: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-Terms-and-Conditions/ba-p/460091
rolandoumana
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Justin,

I just had the same issue 15 minutes ago. We were watching TV and all of a sudden (no warning, no nothing) the TV goes black, there's a spot in the lower left corner and it's overheating. Then the tv turns from black to white, to vertical lines and that's when we turned it off.

I got mine on Amazon, back in October 2015. Please let me know what should I do. Thanks

userNfyV6pJFZG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Moderator will contact you. Go through the process. Have patience. Samsung will resolve this issue if it legitimate. Get all your paperwork and things ready and take detailed pictures.

userNfyV6pJFZG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They gave me a refurb. I am satisfied.

Ricochet
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung where did you go? I sent you the information you required and now you aren't talking to me any more? Are you avoiding the problem? Sammmmsunnnnnnnnnng where are you? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

rolandoumana, please send us a private message here http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1 

Ricochet
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I just posted pictures of my 6300 burning today like others have described. What is being done to fix this? I have 2 more of these TVs and I do not want my house to burn down.
Ricochet
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
TV burned today. What is going to be done?