cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mitchothman
Constellation

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes Im convinced as well...Im jus glad my husband was home when this happened...Its a Samsung liabliliy and they keep blowing me off...

usertWQMW3qk7Q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has happened to me.  No picture just sound. I have contacted Samsung and gave them all the information that needed and they have yet to get back to me. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We haven't gotten the additional information that we had requests.  We had requested that you send us e-mails with the pictures of the television.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
adam31575
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing happened with my un50f6400. When the TV is turned on now it just shows a grey screen except for a silver dollar sized portion in the bottom right corner. When I went to go look at it I noticed that section heats up very quickly and has even melted some of the frame that it's near. If anyone knows what next steps are to replace or repair please let me know. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Adam! I went ahead and sent a message to you as well. I look forward to hearing from you!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

edeneye
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened to us today on our 50" 6200 SmartTV. I happened to be with my son and was glad I was there, as like Brocephus, it was incredibly hot and melting the plastic (looks exactly the same) and seemed like it could catch fire if left on for much longer. Whom should I contact about this?

BW2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just started having this issue today.

Noticed a bright area in the bottom left corner.  When feeling around there it was definitely hot.

Hope to get this resolved easily enough.

It's a 50" 6200 set.

CoryAllen
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

MY QUESTION IS did it all work out? did Samsung take care of you? I too have had this issue as of 9/7/16 and it seems they're only willing to help at cost, yet still at the request of an accomodation.This is recall worthy. A serious flaw like this should merit a free repair as one guy said its brand protection.

Mjorgy68
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung replaced my TV...

They were very courteous and willing to help.

Depending on your TV, From what I have read, you will get either replacment screen or replacement TV.  I ended up with a different model TV that was actually larger.  I am very please with the service I recieved from Samsung.

Be patient.

Yes, the fact that the TV screen heated up to over 200 Degrees F was very bad.  But Samsung resolved the issue without fuss.

user163Yl2u1NE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not so with me.  Samsung is apparently appeasing some customers to try to prevent a class action lawsuit.