cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThankfulKevin
Asteroid

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you get a satisfactory resolution? I had a repair tech come out yesterday with the intention of replacing the screen and power board. Field tech noticed an in-screen discoloration and uncentralized overheating along the entire bottom bezel, but after doing a FaceTime equivalent of a review over the phone with a non-field tech, the non-field tech claimed the discoloration was from cleaning the screen, ignoring or not even referencing the heat. Now I'd buy that if it truly looked like damage to the screen was external, splotchy, or if it was something I actually did on a regular basis, but the issue is clearly coming from a burn in effect behind the screen and the overheating is occurring along the bottom bezel. The discoloration is a perfectly straight line along the entire heat path about a half inch from the bottom. The hottest parts are about 3-4" from both corners and the tv isn't even warm to the touch on any other edge. I've seen pictures of their tvs melting in similar spots. I can't even get through a movie before it's hot. Let alone when Stanger Things next season comes out. I don't want this thing to light up when I'm not home either. Did you have similar issues before it melted? Any feedback would be great.

Highlighted
adam31575
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Quick follow up on my situation. Samsung did pay for a technician to come and make the repair which was completed today. So far everything does seem to be working fine. 

edeneye
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Following up, here are photos of how my TV looks, both off and on. Melting is visible (and instantly hot when TV is turned on) at the bottom right of the screen.

IMG_0997.jpgIMG_1002.jpg

BW2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's exactly how my screen image looks.  I've kept it mostly off to keep it from getting to that point of melting the casing, but it's just a matter of time.

BW2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's good news, Adam.

How did you go about getting that set up?

I sent an email to Samsung last night to get the ball rolling, but wonder if I should call instead.

Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you every one that posted here. Can you all provide images of the issue you're having? 

@edeneye Could you please send me a private message with your device serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

edeneye
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Sent. Thank you.
BW2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sure thing.  Here's how my screen looks.

Bright spot with horizontal lines.  Even on the rest of the screen where the bright spot does not occur, I can faintly seen the horizontal lines.

As well, the other day the blact portions of the image started to flicker a bit slightly from rich black to a lighter black.

screen 1.jpg      screen 2.jpg

rjdecker
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to me just this afternoon. I turned on my 50" Samsung Smart tv and first thing I noticed was a black spot, which looked like ink, on the bottom right hand corner of the screen. The HD also seemed grainy throughout the entire screen. As I investigated what the problem was I touched the screen and it was very hot to touch. I then witnessed the plastic frame begin smoking, and melting and the ink blot for lack of better discription began to spread. I immediately turned the TV off and unplugged it. I then contacted Samsung customer service. They took a statement along with my tv model and serial number located on back of tv. They are going to have a guy call me in 24-72 hours to set up a house call to investigate the issue. They were really helpful and concerned about the issue. I am really shocked that this happened as I have two other older LCD Samsungs that are a lot older. I too am glad I was home because this TV is located in our family room and my 10 year old son was watching the TV. This one is less than 2 years old, btw. Had I not been there, I fear the set could have caught fire. Scary to say the least. Samsung I love your TV's, devices etc., but this appears to be a major issue and perhaps you should speak with quality assurance for recalls. This does not seem to be isolated incidents given the posts at this sight. Really glad I stumbled across this message board. 

userVPxvPWUq3E
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 72 inch has developed cracks on each side of the screen about half way down,I put my hands on the side of the tv where the cracks are developing and the area is extremely hot.What gives?by reading these ither cystomer comolsints obviously there us an ussue with these tvs