Mine burned last night

very frustrating only 10 months old

joe

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Send us a private message: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Send us that info as soon as you can.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user3CpR0scgGD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had posted 7/31/17 the long list of steps I went through to try to get resolution for my problem.  I have been back and forth with Samsung and I am pleased to say that I just had a prorated refund deposited into my bank account last night.  

I am very thankful to have resolution/closure and am very appreciative of Samsung for coming through this way.  It makes me feel good about the company once again.  

Thank you Samsung,

Andrew L.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you've got this resolved!

userVJFg61Ql1R
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened to us last night, April 21, 2018, same story as everyone else. Screen didn't come on/suddenly went out, but TV had audio. Plastic bezel is melted and hot to the touch. TV is shot now. Took a few pictures on and off. Was working perfectly since we have had it.

We were out all day (my daughter turned 1 two days ago, party was yesterday, important and busy day, so I have good timeframe references), the TV was on in the morning around 9AM just before we left it off for the day. We came home and visited with friends and family for the remainder of the day. Around 11:40PM we tried to turn the television.

Google searched for the issue, and this was the first hit.

PM'd mod as mod reply requested.

Yikes.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've responded to the message Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
userqPsJexUPDP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yesterday there was a repugnant burning smell we noticed in the evening and we realized it was coming from our Samsung smart TV!  It felt hot to the touch and we were terrified that it would ignite given the issues Samsung has had with its mobile devices.  We immediately unplugged it but I don't even want to try turning it on and risking a fire hazard.  We have two kids under 5 and safety is first!!  We both have Galaxy phones, mine is due for an upgrade, but given this burning incident I am highly considering never purchasing any Samsung product again.  Very disappointing.  Is there any solution?  

userSJ7OebTSS8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi - my 2 1/2 year old Samsung 6200 just did the same exact thing just a few minutes after I turned it on - melted in lower left corner.  Did you find out what was going on and did you get a resolution?

user5lGZo6CiPr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We just got an MU630D.  Is this model affected?