cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ConcernedFLA
Constellation

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Best Buy folks here in Florida told me the same thing. Guess it's going to take a house burning down or someone falling asleep in front of one left on setting the house on fire and killing the sleeping owner. Gosh, I hope I'm wrong.

user0GxMv1KGe0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same Samsung smart TV 50inch, the TV had a white patch in the corner of the screen and the screen went black but audio still plays. It wasn’t until the morning that we noticed the tv corner had melted and the LED tip of the bulb apears to be showing through the screen as if it has melted through. 

How is is this possible?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear, we've been able to help many customers whom this affects. Mind following the instructions of the accepted solution so we can look into this for you as well?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

bti
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Purchased a 6300 series 50-inch set as well as a 5 year extended warranty from Squaretrade on 3/24/16, all through Amazon. Two weeks ago, the screen started to distort and eventually go black. Same symptoms as the OP, heat damaged bezel in the bottom left corner of screen. Filed a claim with Squaretrade, but was ultimately denied due to the external "physical damage" on the bezel, which they contend was the root cause of the failure (not internal overheating). I guess they assumed I was one of the many odd folks that enjoy taking a blowtorch to their personal electronics. Man Wink

At this point, I'm left with an expensive wall ornament and a useless extended warranty. What say you Samsung? Can you provide me with some sort of technical bulletin that corroborates my claim that this was not user caused? Or can you offer some other remedy?

Whitt816
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just had this happen to me. I noticed it smelled like something was burning and I looker up and the screen was kind of fuzzy and had white lines running across it! I've had the tv for only 2 years!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! Could you provide the model of the television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Brocephus
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

image.jpgPicture showing melting of lower right corner

image.jpgimage.pngAfter reading so many accounts of these TVs melting, I am convinced that these devices are potential fire hazards. As such, I no longer wish to have a Samsung TV in my home.

Please direct me to whomever can issue a full refund for both purchase and shipping costs. 

Thank you. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there Brocephus! I've gone ahead and sent you a private message regarding your concerns. Feel free to respond at your convenience! Smiley Happy 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

ZMorton
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Samsung,

My TV did the exact same thing as the others above. It melted and burned the plastic. The TV no longer shows any picture. This is unacceptable! It could've burned down my home, with my pets still inside. I was supposed to be contacted by the "Executive Team" who "Handles these types of problems" yesterday but they didn't call me yesterday. I now feel as if Samsung doesn't care about my safety or resolving the issue. Please help, we all know this is unacceptable. The model for my Samsung was un50j6200afxza. My photos won't upload.

@SamsungCole wrote:

Hi there Brocephus! I've gone ahead and sent you a private message regarding your concerns. Feel free to respond at your convenience! Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
rjdecker
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: Ok, it is now September 17th, one week and one day since my T.V. Malfunctioned and melted. Last Tuesday the 12th Samsung sent repairman to my house to pick up TV to repair. Repairman said it would be approximately a week for repair due to getting new parts. Will keep u updated.