cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usereo981v9NRw
Constellation

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same story here,my parents called and said there tv's picture just went goofy and smelled funny.  Drove over to check it out and the corner was to hot to touch,so unplugged IMMEDIATELY! After some research I found this,but can't imagine what would have happened if they'd have been sleeping when it did this! TV is a  UN55H6203... Something has to be done about this issue,SCARY!!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message so that we can get some additional information from you http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Discovery777
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung  50 inch smart tv, I bought the tv 6 months ago and a week ago the tv got lines on the screen from side to side. and the left corner got liquid running and it was really hot so I turned it off really scared that will blow up on my face can't believe that happened from a suppose very quality products 

askneram
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung 6200.JPGSamsung 6200 off.JPG

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Askneram, Please send us a private message with the model and serial number.

NFL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My screen just began to exhibit the same black circle and upon inspection, the plastic frame burned my finger and the plastic is melted. scary! TV is less than a year oldSmiley Sad

How do I resolve this?

Highlighted
rjdecker
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, two weeks to the day that my Samsung malfunctioned and melted it is now repaired.  First step I took was unplugging and turning off the T.V.  I then called customer support at Samsung.  They took my information and account of what had transpired.  They are very vague about knowing anything about these issues, but my intuition said they are fully aware and after I found this forum, I knew they were having hundreds if not thousands of these issues.  The day after I called Samsung, they conducted a follow up call wanting to make sure no property was damaged or anyone was injured.  Luckily that answer was know.  I was then informed that my TV, (less than two years old) was not under warranty.  However, based on the issue at hand they would provide a "one time courtesy repair." They indicated that a serviceman would be contacting me to come investigate the problem and make repairs.  Repairman came on Tuesday September 13, 2016, and took my TV to order the new screen and repair at his shop.  Today he returned it good as new, but did state that he would be warry or leaving this TV on and unattended as all he did was replace a screen.  The componants in the TV to his study are all working correctly, but he added they are still the same componants that were there when the TV malfunctioned originally.   I would say Samsung was awsome for providing this  "one time courtesy repair, but it was a just thing to provide given the potential fire it could have caused in my home.  I am hoping that this new screen was fabricated a little different than the original given the fact they simply replaced it and not a total recall on  the entire TV. This is a scary proposition, as Samsung has really provided no explination for the malfunction and obviously know it is not user error as they fixed the TV out of Warranty.   I wish everyone luck on this issue and hope these troubles can end from this forum.  I am skeptical though as I think they just had a giant problem with their Galaxy 7 which was just recalled on September 21, 2016, do to fire hazard as well.  I don't mean to bad mouth Samsung, I have two other Samsungs TV's and two note pads that are much older in my home and have had no issue, but this is concerning to say the least.  It would be nice if someone from Samsung could contact me and give me some reassurance that the replacement screen will eraticate any further potential for the same thing happening again.  Or recall my TV and replace it with one that is not suceptable to spontanious combustion. 

kmh451
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Mine looks exactly like this
eugy6912
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yep my tv looks exactly the same. Did you have any resolution?