cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Screen corner overheating and horizontal lines on Samsung LED TV - UN50J6200AFXZA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I received the email with your information but no pictures attached. I will need the pictures as well to move forward

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Screen corner overheating and horizontal lines on Samsung LED TV - UN50J6200AFXZA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please merge this with conversation #24619605. This has all the details you need. For the records, one corner did start melting. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have a UN50J6200 that I purchased in November 2015. Obviously past the warranty now, but a couple days ago it did the exact same thing. Spot on a corner that was super hot and now lines and spot show up. Fortunately, I unplugged it before it melted. I chatted with tech support earlier and was told I would have to pay for repairs since it’s out of warranty. Tv is just a little over 2 years! I know it’s past the warranty, but come on, it’s a known issue. What now?
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @jesustinoco, Could you send us a private message?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has been one of the best, if not the best, customer service experience ever.  It took a bit over a month for the entire process but I got a replacement tv that is even better than the faulty one. 

I received it yesterday and I love it!  Thanks!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are welcome!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I received a call today from Samsung.  They offered ne a samsung un50nu710d as a replacement.  I can't find much of anything about this model.  The only sellers seem to be Costco, BJ's and Sam's Club.  These are all mass marketers that usually sell things made to their specifications.  What I have been able to find for reviews are not good.

What have others received in exchange for their 6200/6300 sets?

Thanks

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

jesustinco
Looks like you got lucky!   
I typically associate Samsung with amazing quality and customer service.  This experience has been less so.

Started messaging with Samsung June 8th.  On July 10 they "Allocated" a brand new replacement unit.  (Even better than the faulty one!)  As of last week, they claim to have "run out of" replacement TV's.
Meanwhile my tv has been offline with a hole burned in it  since early June, and the refund they are now offering wont cover a new TV!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same thing happen here with my Samsung TV -> UN50J6300AFXZA
I'd like to get a replacement TV with one that is not faulty. 

Thank you.