cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FACE33
Constellation

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sent Pm regarding this issue I'm also having. Has anyone had a resolution from samsung?

FACE33
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After talking with the Samsung representative I was able to schedule a time for a Samsung representative to come by and replace the TV. My understanding is that it will be an upgraded model, hopefully one that doesn't melt. I must say that my experience in dealing with Samsung in this matter has been nothing short of exemplary and while I am frustrated with the product fail, I commend Samsung for their expedient resolution of the matter and the professionalism in which it was carried out. Thank you to all involved.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@FACE33

Great!  I am glad to hear that you were able to get a resolution.  Thank you for being a loyal Samsung customer, and welcome to the Samsung Community.  In the future, if you need anything, please feel free to reach out to us. 

Highlighted
user4LOqNIEDDU
Constellation

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6200 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi:

I have a Samsung 50" TV.  Yesterday the picture began to have problems and an approximately 2" black spot appeared in the lower left corner of the screen.  The area around the spot was hot enough to melt part of the case next to the screen.

I purchased two of these on November 22, 2016.  

Model UN50J6200AFXZA

Version DH03

Type UN50J6200

<Edited out for privacy issues>

I am not certain if I purchased an extended warranty at that time. Iam still looking.

Without an extended warranty, what recouse do I have with regard to repair or replacement?

Thanks,

iwilder

user1pe3wpMTbP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to my Samsung TV today. Exactly like the pictures already posted earlier in the thread.

The screen went blank and when I turned the TV back on, the lower left corner had an area that was burned, the bezel melted right where it meets the screen, and there was smoke. 

Just called Samsung and they told me to keep my TV unplugged and that I would receive a call in 24-48 hours.

The model of my TV: 

Samsung UN50F5500 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz Smart LED TV

I'll share an update on how the company handles this situation when I know more. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user4LOqNIEDDU and 

@user1pe3wpMTbP

Please send us a private message with the following information: Private Message Link

Model Code:
Serial Number:
First and Last Name:
Phone Number:
Email Address:
Full Physical Address:
Place of Purchase:
Preferred Method of Contact (Phone/SMS/Email):

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there user4LOqNIEDDU, we've gotten your email and I will be responding to you momentarily. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

FACE33
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungCat  

Trouble continus, I was able to set up a replacement although that was weeks ago and I have not heard from sam sung yet reguarding an acutall date. I figured I was okay with our 1 other 75 in Samsung. Now Ill grant you that being now the only tv in the house, its been on almost 24/7 but Im having the same issue that I was gettnig on my 55in in my room, no melted plastic yet but my Partner and I both smell burng plastic. we are worriied this on will catch fire like the other one. I have a thermal camera and I was getting a hot spot on the 55in that melted of 255 degress F, on the 75 in I have a hotspot but on the right side rather than the left 149 degrees F. Since we have no other tv we will contune to watch and keep a close eye, we unplug it whenever its not in use or when we leave but I just moved into this new house and I can have it burning down on us. Is there anything we can do? after the liitle fire with the last one that I was thankfully there to witness, I dont know if I should just not use it or what but im really bummed that now both our tvs are having this issue. we love samsung, we both have s8+ phones and are excited for the Note9 that we both plan to switch to. I have bought samsung for years because of there reliablity and cutting edge technology but whats going on with your tvs guys this is scary stuff.

Please advise

UN75JU641DFXZA Purchased MAY OF 2017

userSaADIyYvUw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just experienced the same issue today with my 50in smart tv. Bought mine a little less than 2 years ago and the screen just started scrambling the picture and then I noticed that the corner of theto has melted. Normally I would blame my kids, they have a tendency to not want to take blame for these types of thing but they were with me the whole time when it happened.

Who can I contact for help with this issue?

userHuJfZYVS45
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Help, my Samsung smart TV also has developed weird horizontal lines across the entire screen, the bottom 1/4 is a darker horizontal band as well.  At first, turning it off and back on helped the picture, but within about 5 minutes, the problem was back.  Then it started scrambling the picture.  I just went to shut it off and realized that the right side of the tv was burning hot!  What the heck kind of issue is this?  This tv isn’t that old!