cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would be happy to look into this.  Could you send us a private message so that we can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

eugy6912
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've owned at least 5 samsung TVs and have always had zero issues so i'm surprised i'm having a problem like this one. This issue could have quite literally burned my house down and killed both me and my wife. I don't have to tell you how serious of a law suit this could be. Thankfuly no one was hurt and I figured out what was going on early on. My wife was watching TV and then it started cutting in and out, she yelled for me and as I came upstairs I noticed the bottom right corner of the TV had screen discolorment that is usually a sign of a fault curcuit, but it was worse. I felt the corner and noticed it was all melted and felt like it was on fire. When I turned it back off and then back on a few minutes later there are spots that are immensely hot and needless to say this is a huge hazard (the TV still sort of works but clearly it's not meant to be turned back on). 

Quick update:
The same day I wrote this post I was also able to connect with customer support through twitter. I sent them all the information I had posted here and within 24 hours was told they would send me a replacement. Today I received a phone call from a representative who was sending me an upgraded 2018 replacement (55" too instead of my original 50"). Nothing but fast, responsive, and stellar service.

I did stress that these issues with some models of their TVs are a class-action lawsuit waiting to happen (might have been the reason I had such good service). I'm truly afraid one of these TVs will light a house and fire and do bodily harm. I was told by "management" that my issue was an "isolated issue" but i'm afraid it isn't.

Nevertheless Bravo Samsung for your quick and responsive care of my issues. I am very pleased!

eugy6912
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Quick update:
The same day I wrote this post I was also able to connect with customer support through twitter. I sent them all the information I had posted here and within 24 hours was told they would send me a replacement. Today I received a phone call from a representative who was sending me an upgraded 2018 replacement (55" too instead of my original 50"). Nothing but fast, responsive, and stellar service.

I did stress that these issues with some models of their TVs are a class-action lawsuit waiting to happen (might have been the reason I had such good service). I'm truly afraid one of these TVs will light a house and fire and do bodily harm. I was told by "management" that my issue was an "isolated issue" but i'm afraid it isn't.

Nevertheless Bravo Samsung for your quick and responsive care of my issues. I am very pleased!
userIeF08nQyLN
Constellation

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6200 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same thing happen to me and when I called Samsung so far all I have gotten is run around about this issue.  This could have been a potential fire hazard.  They cannot find a service center close to me and the one that they did find was about an hour away from me and I would have had to take it in.  This is so frustrating to have spent how much money on a tv and cannot get a resolution on getting this fixed.

userIeF08nQyLN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I finally got somewhere with this situation, however, still waiting.  I was told that I was going to get a refund for this tv which is great, but before I get that the trucking company has to come pick up my tv.  I still have not heard a word from the trucking company and when I try to call the number Samsung gave me all I am getting is the phone ringing and ringing.  Friday will be 3 weeks since I called about my TV.  It is getting more frustrating by the day.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your ticket number so I can look into this for you?

FACE33
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not at all isolated, I had the same expirance with my 55in and now having the same with my 75 in frustrating and dagerous. so far samsung has been great I have yet to see my relacement though. +3weeks so far

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, @FACE33 We had sent you a private message but never heard back from you. Please follow up with us there, so we can get you taken care of. Thanks!

Community Guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817
Terms of Service: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-Terms-and-Conditions/ba-p/460091
userGmG4G5r8TF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing happened to us last night, my husband turned the tv on, it had been on less than an hour.  The screen went blank but there was still audio.   He turned it off and back on -- the audio quit and there was a small circle in the bottom right corner plus the frame in the bottom right corner melted.  I turned it off and unplugged it.  I am an "everything Samsung Customer" - phones, tablets, smartwatches, headsets and have never had an issue, can you please help.