cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NFL
Constellation

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My update: I called customer service last Friday and explained the situation. The CS rep sent me to the next 'level up'. They called me back on Monday. Made an appointment for them to come and take pics on Friday. They called me back and said I could just send them the pics myself if I preferred to expedite the process. The tech texted me the number to send the pics. He called me the next morning as I hadn't sent them yet. I did so right away and he called me back within the hour to let me know they were ordering the parts and it would take a couple of days for them to arrive. They called me yesterday and scheduled the repair for next Tuesday. So far so good!

Jwhit14
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The exact same thing happened to my Samsung 50" UN50EH5300 television. The unit was on for about two hours.  I left the television on while I went out for about 30 minutes. When I returned my apartment smelled like something was burning. Upon inspection I noted that the lower left corner of the television frame is melted, and there seems to be a coil of some sort showing through the screen when it is on. 

Not only do do I not have a functioning television at this point, but I am scared to death. My dog was at home when this occurred and I am horrified to think  what could have happened. Samsung televisions are all that I own. At this point I don't feel safe with the remaining sets in my home. I am shocked that this seems to be such a large problem and that Samsung has not addressed it publicly, or offered a recall or repair program. The potential for liability is huge! 

I'm not sure who to contact at this point. Could any of you that have obtained service offer a suggestion? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi everyone,

I wanted to make a post to help you all get in touch with me directly so I can look into your issue for you. Can you please provide the following via a private message?  http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Place of Purchase:
Bill of Sale: (If Available)

Model Code:
Serial Number:

Picture(s) of Melted Portion of the Screen:

I will need this information to look into this issue for you. Also, I am marking this post as a "solution" to help new comers see this post. Please let me know if you have any questions, Thanks. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

stinkydog
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. Last night after being on for 2 hrs our 50 inch j6200afxza started displaying horizontal lines across the screen with a black spot in the corner that became too hot to touch. I was worried it would melt the case.

stinkydog
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, I turned it on the next day hoping for a reset or something magical, no luck, immediate overheat and the case started to melt, just over 1 yr old! weak. Now I just found out my Samsung washer is a threat to explode! nice. my melting tv.jpg

usernFifNyB27F
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same! My 50 inch 6200 melted today on bottom left corner. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

usernFifNyB27F, Please send us a private message with pictures. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Sally838
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tv overheated after using for an hour and melted bottom left corner. Any help if I don't have a receipt? Got this on black Friday last year and will never be able to find it.

Bobsyouruncle
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem occur 2 nights ago to my 6200 TV.  I've unplugged it.  Does my reply get posted to the forum?  How do I send a private message

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There should be 3 dots in my comment that will allow you to send one Bobsyouruncle.