JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

(Topic created on: 9/14/18 6:36 AM)
patriceh
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
I own a Samsung LED TV 6300 series. The screen on the TV got so hot it melted the corner of the TV and the screen no longer functions. The TV itself was not on for the majority of the day. The TV was on for maybe an hour or so before it did this. There was no warning from the TV of it over heating. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I've owned the TV for just a little over 2 years and this incident seems as if the TV was not manufactured correctly as it happened completely unwarranted.
462 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@userO2b3iZtCCV Please send us a private message so that we can get some more information from you: Link

0 Likes
userpxDG5CNqGX
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This just happened to us as well. The bottom right hand corner of the screen and frame are melted. The TV is less than 4 years old. We are in an area affected by Hurricane Florence and would like to be able to see and not just hear the Weather Channel!

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I would be happy to help you with that.  Could you send a private message?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userhzxIf5BNI0
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

We just had the EXACT same thing happen on our Samsung TV. Reached out to support and they said they were escalating it and we would hear back in 24 hours from a representative. It's been 3 days and haven't heard a word. The tv is a little over a year old. Regardless of its age - this should NOT happen. Really dangerous and I've lost confidence in this company completely. 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@userhzxIf5BNI0: Would you happen to have a transaction number that we could look into?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userG0SYda051O
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Mine burned last night

very frustrating only 10 months old

joe

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Send us a private message: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Send us that info as soon as you can.

0 Likes
user3CpR0scgGD
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I had posted 7/31/17 the long list of steps I went through to try to get resolution for my problem.  I have been back and forth with Samsung and I am pleased to say that I just had a prorated refund deposited into my bank account last night.  

I am very thankful to have resolution/closure and am very appreciative of Samsung for coming through this way.  It makes me feel good about the company once again.  

Thank you Samsung,

Andrew L.

SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

We're glad that you've got this resolved!

0 Likes