cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message so that we can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message so that we can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userhPl0CzOmJN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OMG this happened last night. The corner of the television suddenly started glowing and it was melting! Burning plastic, so horrifying. The TV was in perfect condition only moments before. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userhPl0CzOmJN: Oh no! Please send us a private message as well http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

userpxDG5CNqGX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I originally posted here in September.  I replied to the moderator and emailed all the requested info and pictures at least twice.  I received no reply after the 2nd time that I provided all requested info.  So last week, I emailed Samsung Customer Service, gave all requested info again, and was advised to put in a service request.  I completed the service request, and provided all the info and picture once again.  I got an email back saying to call a Samsung 1-800 number.  So I called and they wanted me to troubleshoot the TV - the initial steps were to unplug everything and then I assume they were going to have me plug things back in and try things to get it to work. The TV is mounted and not easy to access, plus I'm pretty sure it's not going to work! He also did inform me that it is past warranty (it was less than 3 years old when it happened) so I'm assuming they weren't planning to replace it.  At this point, I am planning to give up and NEVER buy any Samsung product again!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, Sherry. I'm sorry that we missed your message. Can you please send me a private message from Community. I'm happy to look into this further. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userS2XykHWQ1m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you explain what consitutes a refund for this user and not others?????  Same issue.... different resolution! 

userLrz8xoBTQF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same problem! Happened about a month ago. First thing that occurred were these white lines that appeared vertically on the screen and wasn’t able to get any kind of picture. Then smelled smoke and noticed the screen had literally melted in the bottom left corner. I’ve reached out to Samsung and at first they seemed genuinely concerned and told me someone would be contacting me about a repair. The only department that contacts me is one to make sure no property damage was done. Well no and thank god! It is out of warranty now of course. But no TV should EVER melt. It could’ve burned down my entire house or killed someone. Samsung had issues with that phone and they recalled it and replaced users device. Why hasn’t this product been recalled? Is it going to take someone dying from a house fire in order for them to take it seriously? I paid almost $1,000 for this television. I either want a check for that amount or a new television (not this kind of course) but another 50” of comparable quality. I’m out a working television and I’m very frustrated at the lack of “urgency” customer support seems to have to get this model out of our homes where they aren’t safe. I shouldn’t have to spend months of my life battling this out. I think everyone needs to start posting everywhere how dangerous this television is since Samsung seems to be unwilling to make things right with the consumer. There are 39 pages to this post. 39!!! And that’s only the people that took the time to report it. This needs to be made right. Regardless of warranty status. People can’t cause their screen to start melting and smoke to appear. Someone is going to get hurt. 

user43iZaTSl3K
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey I have a 50' 6300 TV and the left bottom corner melted I was lucky I was at home.  The bottom left corner has a white circle and the horizonal line at the bottom.  I don't knw if the TV is SAFE!  Please advise.